Looking to buy Audio Technica ATH AD1000x's...
Dec 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jackystox

New Head-Fier
I am just wondering however, If i will be able to get these headphone into Canada. There are multiple sellers from Japan listed on Ebay, however I don't believe the AD1000x's were ever available in Canada or the U.S. Will there be any trouble getting these headphones shipped here? Has anyone bought a pair from eBay. I understand there are other ways of going about getting them imported through a third party but i figured it would be easier to buy from ebay, but any insight into the matter will be appreciated.

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 5
  I am just wondering however, If i will be able to get these headphone into Canada. There are multiple sellers from Japan listed on Ebay, however I don't believe the AD1000x's were ever available in Canada or the U.S. Will there be any trouble getting these headphones shipped here? Has anyone bought a pair from eBay. I understand there are other ways of going about getting them imported through a third party but i figured it would be easier to buy from eBay, but any insight into the matter will be appreciated.

I personally do not hear about any problems buying headphones from Japan, I bought my JVC HA-S500-Z, off eBay, shipped from Japan.
It seems the "problem" sellers are in China.
Buy from sellers with a lot of feedback (good feedback).
Does Canada have an import tax? based on the claimed value of the item being shipped into Canada?

Dec 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 5
  Ok, thanks for the feedback. And yes we do have import tax, and duty. I'm sure I'll get charged out the ass coming from Japan but, oh well.

If your willing to risk it, you can ask the seller to claim a low value.

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 5
Ya, i was thinking that maybe. However, It's a relatively small vendor so I don't expect any results. They have a relatively cheap price on them however, so i guess ill just have to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back