Looking for Wooden Volume Knobs
Mar 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Stevesebastianb

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know of a source for wooden volume knobs. I am looking for something in black Ebony, Rosewood, and Paduk.

If you know of any sources, please post links. Much appreciated!

beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 11
2 words - wood lathe.

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 11
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 11
My mistake. I guess I assumed when in this thread you said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There has been another thread dedicated to home made headphone stands. I thought I would start one for other items. I will start off with a wooden tube stand that I made, but you can feel free to post photos of other builds that you made....

...I did some simple woodworking and made a simple wooden tube stand to hold my spare audio tubes so that they could be kept together in a tidy presentable fashion. Below are photos of the finished product, simple, elegant and it serves it's intended purpose:

darthsmile.gif

That you had made the base and handle too (which would require the use of a wood lathe). You did make the base and handle, didn't you?

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My mistake. I guess I assumed when in this thread you said:

That you had made the base and handle too (which would require the use of a wood lathe). You did make the base and handle, didn't you?

^^^ Yes I did make the base and handle. I just couldn't resist a bit of tongue in cheek, LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just joking!

Sometimes, it's just plain easier to purchase from others especially for small items and if your not making too many pieces, getting the right type of wood in small quantities can be a hassle! Especially in this case if I am looking for two small knobs in Ebony.

darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back