Looking for ultra portable closed on-ears
Apr 9, 2018 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tinguely

New Head-Fier
Hi guys

I'm looking for inspiration / recommendations on ultra-portable closed on-ear headphones. Basically a replacement for my Sennheiser PX200 II (that replaced my PX200).

I like linear and analytic sound, something that is hard to find on small closed back headphones. The PX200 were somewhat close enough for the price and size, the PX200 II did feel like a step backwards for me. More bass, less clarity and space - I guess they were better rounded overall, but further away from my personal preferrence.

Preferreably I'm looking for clear and analytic sound. Closed back cans and high portability for traveling (small foldable on-ears would be ideal).

So far I came accross:

• Sennheiser 2.xx Series
  • AKG Y45BT

Haven't had a chance to listen to them, but the reviews don't seem super promissing on clarity, mids and highs...

I also came across

• Ultrasone HFI 15G
  • Fischer Oldskool 70
  • Koss Porta Pro
Haven't listened to the first two. Reviews seem much closer to the sound I like, but all of them are open.

Do you have any suggestions that I'm missing on my list? I'm open for different price ranges (within reason) and exotic manufacturers :darthsmile:

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 5
I have no experience with them, but highly recommended from a close friend of mine : Beyerdynamic T51
Once again, only feedback, no real tests on my part

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Campfire Cascade. I know they are over ears, but they are very compact for what they are. So much so that I find the earpads too narrow... almost like on ears (and I cannot stand the feeling of on ears)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back