Looking for trial IEMs ($15 each for 30 days)
Apr 10, 2011 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TrantaLocked

100+ Head-Fier

I have the IE7 and others are suggesting to understand how great they are and the clarity differences in sound sigs I should hear other headphones.

I'm looking to trial the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s, Hifiman RE-0, any SE level Shure, IE8, any of the Westone series or Klipsch Custom/image series. Any thing else that would help me out I would try out, the above are just some off the top of my head that I know are popular around here. 

Please don’t send me your top headphones that you frequently listen to, and I doubt you would anyways. If you have some thing that would help me out for what I’m aiming for it would be great. Of course testing the Westone 4 would be amazing but I don’t think it will really help as other Westones have similar sound sigs that would equally give me new insight (like Westone 1 or 2).

I 'm asking for a 30 day use for whatever you have relating to the above and I guarantee no stealing/keeping your headphones and will return after 30 days. I promise not to break any headphones and keep your headphones in perfect condition. I will only be using them inside my home which is clean and sanitary; they will never go outside.
I’ll pay $15 through paypal to try each pair; I’m short on money right now because of the IE7s I just bought.

Apr 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 2
Not very many people are going to trust a relatively new member to not run away with their IEMs - sorry, that's just the reality of the internet. If you want to try a lot of different IEMs, utilize the monthly billing cycle on your credit card to buy used IEMs on the FS/T forum here through PayPal (using your credit card to pay), listen, then resell for shipping costs and PayPal fees, putting the money you get back into your bank account to pay off your credit card the next month. This method is the best way to try out different headphones without paying out the wazoo by buying new.

Either that, or go to a meet - but there won't be too many IEMs at a meet, so meets are mostly for full-sized (and expensive) headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back