Looking for Subwoofer
Feb 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WildStyle-R11

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there another looking for topic from me... :D

I looked around for some bookshelfs, I like bookshelfs they are good and they sound great, the problem is...My music genre, I don't have a particular one...
But I do know that my taste leads me to low bass freq's...

So Right now I have, still Microlab solo7c With Asus xonar essence one and I am looking for a tight subwoofer that will play Hardstyle type of music and will go down and I mean down to like 5Hz...Yeah yeah, you can't hear below 20... bull I can feel more than enough below 20...From 100? my speakers do pretty good with rap type of bass that goes deep, but yeah...

So any suggestions? I want them to hook up together if that is possible with my asus and something I CAN actually buy and is available in UK...

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 6
A sub that will have usable output down to 5hz? Hope you are planning on spending a thousand or more, and you might have to build it yourself. Seriously.

Sorry. But you need to adjust your expectations quite a bit. You'll be lucky to find a sub that has decent output down to 20hz if your budget is close to what your speakers cost.

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Again with the budget... -.-

I got a shopping list and some savings, so I'm looking for stuff that I need, put them on the list and then decide what is more important and what I need now and at the same time know how much will that go off my pocket...

Just what to know some base lines of who makes some what decent ones and are able to go down low...

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Go look at subs from UK online vendors. Check out the frequency response of the subs. Since you want low frequencies, pay attention to see if they list a +/- 3db range. If they don't specify +/-3db, then the sub output may not be useable at their lowest specified frequency (manufacturers will often mislead in that way).

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Split the RCA output from the Xonar and run it to both the speakers and the sub. Turn your system volume on your computer all the way up and play some tunes. Configure your sub and speakers so that they sound good. Then use your computer volume control from then on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back