looking for sturdy, durable portable cans
Nov 3, 2009 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

terriblepaulz

1000+ Head-Fier
The wife has burned through 2 pairs of PX100s in the last year or so (one pair was mine
frown.gif
). She wears them with her iPod while exercising and doing chores - active stuff. Both pair developed wiring problems where a channel would cut out with movement. I would like to get her a pair of very sturdy and cheap 'phones. The bulk of her listening is audio books and podcasts, so SQ is a lower priority than durability.
Suggestions?

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 6
I've found JVC Marshmallows to be pretty durable... if in-ear phones are okay with her.

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 6
JVC HA-M750 are built very well, but they are ~$50 and also on the large side. If I had to pick something cheaper it'd be the KSC75.

If you're looking for in-ears the new Meelectronics Ai-M6 and M11 have some of the nicest cables I've seen in a while and really feel like they will last.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 6
I presume you don't care if I suggest something for your consideration which I have not heard, given that sound quality is not an issue? If so, how about the Sony MDR-G75LW? They look pretty sturdy to me. And while I have my issues with Sony, longevity of their products has never been one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back