Looking for speakers :)
Jan 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

WildStyle-R11

500+ Head-Fier
Well hi there! I'm right now looking around for speakers, bookshelf to be specific...Not going to jump and buy anything at once and I'm just looking around what I can find, true it doesn't change the fact I can't hear them and there is always some underdog hidden away...

So to the point I currently have Microlab solo7c which was rather quick solution of getting speakers and they are pretty good, the problems I have with them is the power button is at the back and if you don't switch them off they do give a little bit of static...And the remote sucks and I can't reach anything behind them :D That being power and volume...Now to the Musical lack of low bass lines like down to 10Hz or even 5Hz for 1 particular song ^^ now don't get me wrong I'm not a bassy person I like to be able to hear music it's just that I listen to every single music genre and some of my music have low bass lines...And to add to the bass I'd like it to be precise? would that be it? like good for rap songs with deep base at the same time good for some sort of drum and bass or techno fast type of bass...So bit higher the frequency range, definitely need good mids not that I know which off all of them are they :D but I do like how clear or clean my speakers sound at reasonably volumes, Haven't actuly cranked them up to a point where they lose that...So is the mids responsible for separating music instruments? Cause I like hearing lots of details...Highs? Umm not sure what happens there, but definitely important right? so reasonable high range more than 20K? 25k? something like that would be perfect...

So I'm mostly going to use these for MUSIC! Movies perhaps a little of single player games, but that doesn't matter the first two are important Music and movies in that order, now to the movies just one thing voices can't always hear them with microlabs so meh any upgrade there would be good...

Ah Yes Also I will be plugging them into ASUS Xonar Essence ONE Should do the trick right? :D

I don't have a real budged, but I don't want to overpay on anything...

Yes and the size well anything that you can stick on the desk should be good...As long as they are not really small, Which I just don't see the point of it...

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 12
So in other words you want the new speakers to be considerably smaller than your current ones? Anyways it sounds like KRK Rokit RP6 could be what you're looking for. Or the bigger RP8's if they aren't too big or too expensive.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 12
Well, you aren't getting 5hz, 10hz, or even 20hz out of a pair of speakers. If you like bass, you need to be thinking subwoofer.

Since you are not worried about budget, get the Submersive HP

Sells for about $2500 shipped. Dual driver 15", 2400w. Best sub there is for that price or less, so you won't be "overpaying on anything" :wink:

You have to specify a budget for your upgrade. :)

BTW: you don't hear above 20hz, so no use worrying about speakers with higher output.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 12
Yeah I kinda figure they won't go that low...The budget is not a problem just because I am trying to find speakers that will cover most if not all music genres just because of the way I listen to music one moment I could be crying while listening to calm and sad music at the next moment I could be headbanging my desk while listening to heavy metal...I really don't have a space for a sub right now purely cause I have not to much legspace, I got a steering wheel aswell for sim racing, If I ever where to move and find space then perhaps...Also isn't having 2400w sub a bit of a overkill? :D

P.S. I'm looking for some music with violins? somewhat energetic or calm...

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 12
Also isn't having 2400w sub a bit of a overkill? :D

Yeah, you don't need the 2400 watts. But the Submersive HP is considered one of the best sounding subs for that price. Even at lower volumes :D

Budget does matter. If you only have a $300 budget, then your best is probably to get a sub so that you get the bass you want. If your budget is more, than a sub and speakers.

But you probably will not find bookshelf speakers that produce decent bass below 50hz.

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #7 of 12
The KRK Rokit series is great for Hi-Fi audio listening sessions. The Rokit 6 plus the KRK Rokit subwoofer should suffice. Plus you have built-in preamp of the Xonar Essence ONE, so you could use the volume control knob to control the volume of the monitors. I would recommend foam or loudspeaker stands for better control.

Destroysall

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 12
That Rockit sub is only rated down to 34hz. The op would be better to grab the JBL 10" that Newegg has on sale for $179. Should perform as well or better. Or for the cost of the Rockit sub, add $100 and get the SVS PB-1000 and get usable output down to 20hz.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #9 of 12
As I said the budged is not a problem as I never jump the gun at the last moment and buy something at a specific price...I always look around for whats on the market sneak around, find what I am looking for and then get the money also there are few more things on the list, so I am really just checking stuff out more than buying at this moment...You all talk about that sub to much not at the moment I will post a topic when I will be looking for one, far more different issues :D As I said I got slight static in these and I can't reach around them as much as I would try... :D So I would say either passive or on off in front...And the problem with the genre covering also they are basicly in my face so that doesn't help on these either...1M away? Half meter I don't know my monitor is around that far as well...These speakers do sound better if you walk away :D also that loads of music is coming out at a times you can't understand what exacly is going on, well thats on a bit heavier music...

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
As I said the budged is not a problem as I never jump the gun at the last moment and buy something at a specific price...I always look around for whats on the market sneak around, find what I am looking for and then get the money also there are few more things on the list, so I am really just checking stuff out more than buying at this moment...You all talk about that sub to much not at the moment I will post a topic when I will be looking for one, far more different issues :D As I said I got slight static in these and I can't reach around them as much as I would try... :D So I would say either passive or on off in front...And the problem with the genre covering also they are basicly in my face so that doesn't help on these either...1M away? Half meter I don't know my monitor is around that far as well...These speakers do sound better if you walk away :D also that loads of music is coming out at a times you can't understand what exacly is going on, well thats on a bit heavier music...

I'm going to mention the Rokit RP6's or 8's again. They're nearfield monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back