Looking for songs with vocals that are dead center. (center channel)
Oct 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

H20Fidelity

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi there!

Recently I bought a new DAP which has a balance control, but it's very sensitive and can be fine tuned with a screw driver to almost hair pin size adjustments.  I know many songs with vocals image slightly to the left or right and I'm afraid I cannot find a song with dead center vocals (well I think I have) but my mind is playing tricks on me. So I want to ask the community for a favour and post some songs they know with 100% certainty the vocals are dead center. It seems to be the best way I can set the balance.

So fire away, give me some names, I can source them on itunes if need be. Obviously I need the file name not a utube link.

Cheers,

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 5
Why don't you just listen to a mono recording?

You can just make some from your favourite tracks with Audacity, it doesn't get more accurate than that! 
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Would it not be better to create a test tone using some free generator software?

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 5
  Why don't you just listen to a mono recording?

You can just make some from your favourite tracks with Audacity, it doesn't get more accurate than that! 
tongue.gif

This is a good idea! I will give this a try!

Would it not be better to create a test tone using some free generator software?

I tried a test tone, but  I couldn't pin point the center. It sounded to wide (the actual tone), and the adjustments I can make are so tiny, it's almost a headache trying to get them center. It's sensitive to 0.5dB (1KHz)

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 5
I found a good solution for this by using audio books. The speaker or story teller using spoken word cues up the balance well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back