Looking for something for library use (budget ~ $200)
Sep 7, 2012 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pnoozi

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.  I've had a look at the Shootout thread (very helpful) but I'm wondering what you guys think personally would suit me best.

Basically I have a tough semester ahead of me and I'm going to be studying in the library quite a bit.  But people in the library annoy me.  People come to the library to chat.  People tap pens nervously.  People cough.

The two most important qualities I need are noise isolation/leakage prevention and comfort.  Quite honestly sound quality is secondary to these two things.  I'm going to be using these things as acoustic earmuffs as much as headphones.  They need to be very comfortable because I want to wear them for long sessions.  Also, they will be driven by the on-board sound on my laptop so I need something suitable for that.  Also, they need to be collapsible in some way for portability.

I'm looking to spend less than 200 dollars (hopefully much less) but I can shell out if it's worth it.

I've considered Ultrasone, Denon, and I like what I see, but really I need some help narrowing it down because I'm new to this.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back