Looking for some noise-canceling headphones
Oct 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Michael1026

Head-Fier
First off, I apologize if there's a thread for headphone recommendations. I looked at the original thread for them, but it's been closed.

Anyway, I need some headphones mainly for school, but for home too, that I can sit there in silence and hear little to nothing. They don't have to have amazing noise-cancellation, but a decent amount. I would prefer them to be over-ear so they're more comfortable. Wireless would be a plus, but not needed. I'd say the max budget I have is $300, but I'd like to keep it under that. Music wise, I listen to rock, punk rock, and acoustic songs. If there are any other things I forgot to mention, please ask me.

Thank you!

Oct 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 9
http://www.dealfisher.com/product/Logitech-UE-6000-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-White.html

Refurbed, but others have ordered them said they were in basically new condition.  The UE6000 has been getting lots of praises here and on Amazon as well (4.5 stars with many reviews).  Many head-fiers are very satisfied saying they provide very good sound quality with decent noise cancellation.  At 79.99, these are the lowest I've ever seen them and many say they're even a great deal at 150 bucks.

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 9
Polk Audio Ultrafocus 8000 are really excellent and you can get them close to $300 but they are sometimes more expensive. You could look for the discontinued Denon AH-NC800s also very good.

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Polk Audio Ultrafocus 8000 are really excellent and you can get them close to $300 but they are sometimes more expensive. You could look for the discontinued Denon AH-NC800s also very good.
I'm liking the Polk Audio Ultrafocus 8000s. According to the reviews, they have great sound, great active noise cancelling, and they're really comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back