Looking for some new earbuds (NOT etys)
Nov 12, 2003 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

PhoenixIgn

Head-Fier
I noticed today on the bus to school that my left gasket on my EX70s is unusually low. I shrugged it off, but it was just too noticiable, and I looked into it further. Seems my left gasket is just about to die, probably from the abuse I put those buds through. They served me well, but now I'm in the market for some new ones.

I have had both the EX70(obviously) and the MX400s (which my brother broke in Spain), and I think I'm either going to buy some 71's off of ebay or someone, where I can get some for a low price. I think I might go back to the MX400s though, because of the good sound, great price, and how it has the standard Y chord, and not that annoying as hell behind the neck chord. Anyone have any other reccomendations or places where I find some decent buds for a really cheap price?

And please don't tell me to get some Eggos (my D66's are on the way as we speak, I just want some buds for school) or Etymotics.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm eying the EX51s, too. Where can I get buds for absolutely the best price shipped?

I posted this on the T-Board, but I'd also like to know what you guys think.

Nov 12, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 31
Shures are out of the running. I'm thinking sub-$50USD. I know, I know, I can't get much, but I'm just looking for something to listen to between classes and on the bus. I'm thinking of getting a new pair of MX400s, because of their great sound for the price.

Nov 12, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 31
If you were happy with the EX-70, you will probably be happy with the EX-71. I think they sound about the same, though some say the 71 sounds better. The big difference is the cord: 71 has a two-section cord (short cord plus extension), so it's a little heavier, and it's black instead of grey. (Or you can buy it from Audiocubes in white.)

I found that the shirt clip from a cell phone earbud fits the EX-71 cord just fine, which solved the problem I had with the heavier cord.

Nov 13, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #13 of 31
must you stay with sony's EX line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back