Looking for some good headphones
Dec 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vvgyu

New Head-Fier
 So I'm new here i am looking for some good headphones i've been looking at the Shure SRH440's, the  Sennheiser HD448's and the Audio Technica ATH-M50. I wanted to know if these are any good. I will be using my laptop and my Ipod touch. Are there any other headphones i should look at my price limit would probably be 150. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 7
With that price range, you might be able to leverage some seasonal sales and move up to the Shure SRH-840.  That said, it depends what you listen to and what you're looking for.

Given your choices, I assume you need some isolation, and are only considering closed headphones.

If that's true, the ATH-M50 is the most often recommended headphone in that price range, and it's hard to go wrong.

The Shures are good as well, though if you listen to rock music or electronica, you might find them a little on the bland side.

Not many better full-size closed headphones that drive well from a portable player in that price range, though, so you're probably looking at the right headphones.  Except maybe the Phiatons if they aren't more expensive than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back