Looking for recommendations for a DAC/Amp to drive my LCD-XC at work
Apr 10, 2015 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pachoo5

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I am looking for, ideally, a DAC+Amp to drive my new LCD-XC's well at work. I am willing to spend $750 to $1,000 for the best sound I can get. The box doesn't need to be portable but I also don't want a normal reference size home stereo amp as it will be sitting on my desk at my work office while I listen to it.

Any suggests? I am looking at the Centrance HiFi-M8 as basically exactly what I am looking for...a smallish DAC/Amp with enough power to really drive the LCD-XC well. 

Are there any other products with similar power that produce better sound? Does Schit make any DAC/Amp products? From what I can tell, all they have are separate amps and DACS, not one combined box.

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Check out the Audio-GD products.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Products-EN.htm

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 6
Get an Astell & Kern entry level DAP like the JR and then grab a Cypher Labs Algorithm Trio Portable Vaccum Tube Amplifier.
This is truly the best sound for around 1200$ that is portable and with tube amplification. Or just buy the amp provided you have good pre amp or line out volume from an added source.
Cypher Labs is discontinuing their portable audio gear however I am sure you can still grab the trio.
It costs around 599.99 I believe.
Warm tube sound at a very affordable price . sounds great with the XC's .
Anyhow .Let me know what you end up grabbing or deciding on in the future .

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi,

I am looking for, ideally, a DAC+Amp to drive my new LCD-XC's well at work. I am willing to spend $750 to $1,000 for the best sound I can get. The box doesn't need to be portable but I also don't want a normal reference size home stereo amp as it will be sitting on my desk at my work office while I listen to it.

Any suggests? I am looking at the Centrance HiFi-M8 as basically exactly what I am looking for...a smallish DAC/Amp with enough power to really drive the LCD-XC well.

Are there any other products with similar power that produce better sound? Does Schit make any DAC/Amp products? From what I can tell, all they have are separate amps and DACS, not one combined box.

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

https://ifi-audio.com/products/micro-idsd-bl/

This is a Swiss Army Knife.. Transportable and it gets the job done.

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Another finding .

Burson Soloist SL with a Chord Qutest or Hugo 2 Dac with the LCD XC for a desktop set up .
Very very nice .use the ' Warm filter ' on the Qutest/Hugo 2 and I feel most on this entire website will adore this listening setup.

The LCD XC is a great headphone and a unique one at that .
It doesn't have a sound signature that will please all and sadly you need really good equipment to go with them or else they will sound pretty ordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back