looking for phones with a bit more bass than hf3
Jan 25, 2012 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

brenttw

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of hf3's when Best Buy had them on sale for 70 bucks, it was more of an impulse buy as i knew they were discounted pretty heavily so purchased without doing extensive research.  These were the first high end IEMs i have ever purchased and overall i have to say i am very pleased with the sound quality of these headphones and the highs it produces, however i'm starting to want something with a bit more bass.  I mainly listen to EDM and the hf3's do a great job with trance for me, but for house music (which i mainly listen to) im wanting a bit more bass, but keeping decent highs for when trance songs come on.  Any recommendations?  My main concern is an L-shaped jack as i have had very bad luck with straight jacks breaking on me.  iPhone/mic compatible would be a great plus but not 100% necessary as i know it opens a LOT more options.  My budget is around $100 (possibly more) and i've been eyeing out the following from reviews.  I'm also in no rush so buying used headphones on here to stay within my budget is also a possibility for me. 

Westone 1
Westone 2 (used)
Westone UM1
Shure se215 
Shure se315
Triple fi10
Re-0

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 5
I recently picked some up for the same price from Best Buy while looking for some gym earphones. Just happend to have a $20 gift certificate also so only paid about $50! Great deal for that price.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 5
I think if add AMPs like Fiio E6 in chain and it will enhance the bass but few other IEMs like Yamaha EPH100(very detailed in mids with good punchy bass, highly recommended), Brainwavz M4(very details in mids, highs and has punchy lowend, highly recommended), Sony EX510, Shure SE215 offers more bass with good overall clarity in music.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I think if add AMPs like Fiio E6 in chain and it will enhance the bass but few other IEMs like Yamaha EPH100(very detailed in mids with good punchy bass, highly recommended), Brainwavz M4(very details in mids, highs and has punchy lowend, highly recommended), Sony EX510, Shure SE215 offers more bass with good overall clarity in music.

Thanks a lot!  what about the westones?  how is the bass on those?

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 5
ill buy the hf3s off of u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back