Looking For No Fatigue
Apr 3, 2017 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Llloyd

500+ Head-Fier
Looking for a headphone - IEM or Closed - with little to no fatigue for long work days. I've been away from the scene for a while and looking for some places to start. Money isn't really a barrier for me. Just looking for something detailed and warm. No need for crazy expensive cans but between 100 and 500 is where i'd like to end up, preferably around the 250 mark.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 5
I'll talk of things I know, there's probably better options

- At home I have a sennheiser HD 518, it is super light and very very comfy I can wear it for 10 hours without any heat issue or anything, I wear glasses and it doesn't hurt one bit, while other headphones will turn a gaming session into torture. The sound is OK but not stellar, you'll find reviews on this very forum.

- I travel/commute with sony BA IEM's, like the xba-3 or xba-300. The fitting is very good for most people and the isolation is great, so you can listen in noisy environments with a low volume. I could do 10 hours flights listening non stop to music, even sleeping, with no issue, as long as you don't sleep on the side :) their sound is great to my taste you will also find reviews over here.

my 2 cents :)

EDIT I just noticed you wanted closed headphones so the HD518 won't fit your bill, its an open.

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 5
Headphone - Detailed and warm, no fatigue... Shure SRH840. Great amount of detail for such warm mids. Good extension both sides. I really enjoy them.

IEM - Look into the LZA which is getting a lot of love right now on HeadFi. Fatigue free, huge soundstage, lots of detail... and 18 combos from the filters they come with... which are easy to go through btw, I'm fairly lazy with filters but had no problems with them

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 5
  Looking for a headphone - IEM or Closed - with little to no fatigue for long work days. I've been away from the scene for a while and looking for some places to start. Money isn't really a barrier for me. Just looking for something detailed and warm. No need for crazy expensive cans but between 100 and 500 is where i'd like to end up, preferably around the 250 mark.

You might check out the MEZE 99 Classics. Maybe read about it and see what you think. I find them comfortable, I am not sure I would characterize them as warm, but they certainly aren't bright. Great bass. Great overalll sound quality. Worth checking out.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 5
I would look at the 1 More Triple Drivers for IEM's and the Meze 99 Classics for over ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back