Looking for New Over the Ear Headphones and Possibly an amp to compliment them for heavy bass.
Sep 4, 2011 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Strelec

New Head-Fier
I mainly listen to Dubstep and I have been for a while out of my Turtle Beach X11s but now I really want to hear the bass and just get an overall better quality when I listen. I have a budget of around 100 dollars total and I've been looking online for the headphones that are right for me. Alot of the info I've collected is from head-fi so I thought I'd sign up. 

Some of the Headphones I have in mind now are:
ATH-PRO700's
ATH-M50's
DN HP700's
Sony MDR-V6's
JVC HARX700's

I've heard people saying on here(or read rather) that some headphones don't fully come out until they're paired with a good amp but I'm new to high end headphones and have no experience with amps so I haven't really come up with any. I'm looking for a set of headphones thats not overly biased to bass but maybe a tad more on the bass side but still lets me hear the highs and mids very well but still offers alot of nice bass. I'm open to more suggestions and I'm sure now most headphones will be a step up from my TurtleBeaches. I'll be wearing them out occasionally I'm sure but not all the time so I don't want HUGE cans that will look weird. Open to suggestions or questions here just trying to find the right pair because this is my first pair of "High end" cans.

Right now I'm listening to 320kbps mp3 in Foobar2000 with Asio4all and using the Equalizer to boost bass some if that helps any at all.

Thanks for your Help,
Strelec

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 4
Bumpp and an update. Right now I'm looking at the ATH-PRO700MK2's or the Shure SRH-750DJ's. Leaning a little more toward the Shure cans after seeing their frequency response curve. Looking for input still, wont be able to afford these for another month, being 15 and not being able to work sucks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back