Looking for new headphone and which method to drive them?
May 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

domino584

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some new headphones in teh 200 CAD range.  I'm thinking I would like to high some phones that have a high impedence with good overall quality for gaming and PC.  I like lively/feeling base with distinct clear mids and metalic highs (I guess).

I also have an auzentech forte and wondering if that would be the best option to use rather then my receiver?  The receiver is a Pioneer 520-K.  Also, if the Forte is the best option, which opamps should I upgrade that are fairly inexpensive?

Cheers on input.

May 7, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 5
Why exactly do you want headphones with high impedance?  Higher impediance does NOT equal higher quality sound.  It *most* cases lower impedance phones are easier to drive. 

*Not all lower impedance cans are easier to drive.  Just wonder why you want "high" impediance.

May 7, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the reply.

Ya, I was told that a higher impedence does not equal better quality but do they sound any different then ones with a lower impedence?  So I guess impedence doesn't really matter?  My Receiver or Forte should be able to power any phones in my budget well eh?

I was thinking of grabbing the Grado SR125i?  It sort of sounds much like what I'm looking for?

It is 209.99 up here in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back