Looking for IEM with warm, analog signature, please help
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

visanj

100+ Head-Fier
After trying couple of IEMs I am not satisfied completely with any of IEMs due to my signature preference

Basically I'm looking for IEM which has WARM, NATURAL, MUSICAL and ANALOG signature. I hope I have described my signature preference correctly. Also it will be better if IEM is bit forgiving (Middle of forgiving and resolving) 

My budget is upto $300. I can extend bit more provided if there is any significant difference in sound quality 

I tried the following IEMs

Owned:
Brainwavz M2 - I really liked it but just wanted more in the same line
Thinksound TS02 - Too harsh and nothing mellow (Didn't like it)
Sony MH1C - Highs too rolled off, and bit unnatural sounding as being too sweet

Tried:
Vsonic GR06 - Very less bass and nothing much in my preference
Vsonic VSD1S - I guess this is bit close to my preferred signature but I'm missing something

Can anyone in this forum, please help me out in finding correct IEM to match my signature preference?

Also I'm looking for IEM which is reliable as I am from India and returning to seller during warranty period and getting back is a difficult task

Appreciate your response

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 6
The Shure SE315 might be worth looking at, or the SE215. You might even like the entry model, the SE112.

It sounds like dynamic drivers will more likely give you the sound you want.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #3 of 6
  The Shure SE315 might be worth looking at, or the SE215. You might even like the entry model, the SE112.

It sounds like dynamic drivers will more likely give you the sound you want.

Thanks for your suggestions. Even I thought of buying SE215 but I'm wondering it will give natural organic sound which I am expecting

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 6
It will depend on what you think of as natural - you've said slightly forgiving as well, the cheaper Shures might do it. I have the SE112 myself and really like them for this. The SE215 might be a bit more forward/detailed but not much.

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 6
Did you check the famous ljokerl's thread? I'm sure you will find a lot of valuable info

I hope you are mentioning Joker's Multi-IEM comparison thread. Yes I saw that but I could not find a single IEM matching to my taste. Thats the problem

Some IEMs are analytical, some are bright, some are warm and smooth but I am not sure which will give analog, natural, organic sound just like coming from tube

As far as I infer from different threads, Sennheiser HD650 has this kind of signature. Thats what I infer but not sure. Other portable headphone is Aedle VK1 (as mentioned in headfonia)

But I'm not sure which IEM will be in similar lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back