Looking for IEM Tip that would fit a 6mm Nozzle/Jaybird Bluebuds X
Dec 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

ctruong27

New Head-Fier
Hey there, so I've recently purchased Jaybird's newest headphones the Bluebuds X (which I am loving by the way!). Unfortunately none of the provided sillicon ear tips get a good seal on my ear so I've turned to Comply, which has then contacted me and said none of their ear-tips would fit the Bluebud's massive 6mm nozzle.

Are there any good quality tips out there that would fit the 6mm nozzle? Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 34
I really am interested to know what you find, too. Apparently my ears aren't normal-shaped so the wingtips don't keep the earbuds secure and it's really hard to get a good, long-lasting seal.

I'm looking for something with at least two flanges, more than likely.

These are the best bluetooth earbuds I've found and I'm looking forward to getting them to fit perfectly!

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 34
So, I was unable to find any eartip solution for my Bluebuds X. It's a shame really, because when I get a good seal these are the best earbuds for my purposes.

But there is a "success" story.

The, apparently, weird shape of my ears causes two problems: First, getting a good seal is difficult at best. Second, when I finally do manage to get a good seal, it's hard to keep it ... meaning that just a simple head movement can dislodge the earbuds and ruin the whole thing. 

So, I tried the DIY custom-fit molded earplug/earbud thing that I'm sure most have already heard about. Sure, it's not as good as a professionally made ear monitor but for the price, repeatability, and sound it really can't be beat if you do it with care. I now have BT earbuds that sound great and are much more secure in my ear!

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #5 of 34
I haven't tried the Bluebuds X, but some time ago I tried the Meelec CC51, which also has a huge nozzle, and the HiFiMAN double-flanged tips fitted perfectly.

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=33

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #6 of 34
Same issue here. As an enthusiast earphone user of many brands and many years, getting a tight and lasting fit with the Bluebuds X is a constant struggle. I've tried all the possible combinations with the buds and the cushions, but nope. I even had the previous Jaybird Sprint model and had no issue with that. When I get a proper seal/fit, the Bluebird X is the best sounding Bluetooth earphones out there. But at this stage, untill I find a third party tip solution, I am disappoint. Used a caliper and it seems the nozzle is about 6.53-6.60mm. Finding third party tips that will fit would be awesome. And because most of the earphone is sticking out, I think a triple flange would sort out our issues.

Is there a way to find out what the diameter is on those HiFiMAN double-flanged tips Fernito suggested?

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:
Is there a way to find out what the diameter is on those HiFiMAN double-flanged tips Fernito suggested?

Their diameter was smaller than the Meelec CC51 nozzle's I tried them on, but since they're made out of silicone, they can stretch and fit perfectly in bigger diameter nozzles.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 34
a review on these headphones from a user on youtube said the t/tx500 will fit with a bit of force but fit none the less. i plan on trying them once i get the jaybirds sometime soon.
*edit - to the OP, it was actually you're video I'm referring too. I guess you answered your own question? :) thanks for the video.

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #13 of 34
Ive found that I have very abnormal ear canals. No common ear bud fits my ears, theyre always too big. I recently bought the jaybird headphones and came across the same problem.The only earbuds that I have found to fit perfectly in the past were the triple flanged (tree shaped) ones given with Dr. Dre's Tour headphones (Ive lost all of them now). Has anyone else had this problem and found that the HiFiMAN double-flanged tips or the comply foam tips mentioned above to work perfectly for you? Thank you!

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #14 of 34
I found that if I insert the buds as per instructions (rotating the ear cushion anteriorly to the top of the ear bowl), they don't stay in well at all.  I was about to give up on using them as I could not use them even when walking slowly around the room.  I tried both under ear and above ear set ups to no avail.

In desperation, I was wearing them in the under ear set up and I simply rotated them "backwards", seating the ear cushion into the posterior aspect of the concha....

Amazing difference!  In that position, they fit amazingly well and do not budge at all.  

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #15 of 34
  I found that if I insert the buds as per instructions (rotating the ear cushion anteriorly to the top of the ear bowl), they don't stay in well at all.  I was about to give up on using them as I could not use them even when walking slowly around the room.  I tried both under ear and above ear set ups to no avail.

In desperation, I was wearing them in the under ear set up and I simply rotated them "backwards", seating the ear cushion into the posterior aspect of the concha....

Amazing difference!  In that position, they fit amazingly well and do not budge at all.  

Pictures would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back