Looking for IEM for around £600-800
Dec 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Death_Block

1000+ Head-Fier
I have previously owned the IE800s and loved them very much. 'Loved' as I have now lost them. I could buy another set, but they are really only one nice set I've owned, I'd like to branch out a little. I have an eye on the Audeze LCDi3. What else is there in this price/teir? The UE live look amazing but probably a little more than Im looking for. Any recommendations would be great!

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi @Death_Block,

Subjectively & personally, i3 isn't all that great as it doesn't have the best fit or ergonomics, the sound quality is average to decent unless you have an iPhone with Cipher cable which personally is a waste & it's also open so isolation is definitely a no go...
Saying that, it is the only i Range Audeze has which I actually like though the i10 wasn't bad either...

Also subjecitively & personally, UE Live is a bit overrated & certainly pricey, so it all depends on taste, not mine, that's for sure, not for sound quality at any rate...

You have many options in your price range, here are recommendations in no particular order :

Periodic Audio Carbon
Custom Art Fibae Black
iBasso IT 01
iBasso IT 01s
iBasso IT 04
Sony IER M7
Audio Technica E70

I have all the above recommended which are part of my weekly rotation though the E70 is still taking time out since it was the only IEM I had for 3+ years before I branched out.

Feel free to ask more when you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 5
thats given some homework to read up on, thanks!

Dec 15, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 5
Ive owned ie800s. I love their sound, but id rather buy something upper than buying them again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back