Looking for headphones for music and gaming in the ~$200 range

Which ones do you like more?

• Audio Technica MX40 w/ pad mod

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fostex T20Rp Mk3

• Beyerdynamics Custom Studios

• Other (please mention in the comments )

• Total voters
Nov 25, 2017 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Rex Aevum

Head-Fier
Budget - $150-$200 (if there is something I should consider for more please mention them).

Source - Questyle cma600i from PC

Requirements for Isolation - Some to a lot

Will you be using these Headphones in Public? - No

Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear, has to be good at isolation (closed or semi-closed).

Preferred tonal balance - Similar to philips fidelio x2, something more on the warmer side, good imaging and soundstage (as much as possible for closed)

Past headphones - Philips SHP9500 & Fidelio X2, Audio Technica ADH-1000x, Audeze LCD-X

Preferred Music - - mainly to use for gaming at home and some mixed music listening

What would you like to improve on from your set-up - My pc is fairly loud since it has a lot of fans in it so I want something to use for gaming that blocks out the sound of the fans as much as possible. As far as sound signature - since its more for gaming a V-shape would work but more interested in bass. Even though its closed i would still like to have some sound-stage (nothing crazy but can't have zero).

Considered Headphones - Audio Technica MX40 (with pad mod), Fostex T20RP Mk 3 (or 40 or 50), RBH HP-2, Beyerdynamic Custom Studio (from what I understand a DT770 with a detachable cable and sub port.

Any and all feedback is appreciated and please recommend something i have not considers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back