Looking for gym IEMs
May 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

-sandro-

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I've been using the SoundMagic e30 at the gym while working out...they're amazing especially because of over the ear style but today the left speaker stopped working! they lasted only 4 months and before I had another pair I used at home that died within a year...so the build quality is not that great. The wire is pretty thin.

So I'm looking for something in the same range of sound quality, over the ear possibly, with a durable wire for $30 or less

I like midcentric or warm+sweet sounds. No v-shape or similar.

Any suggestions?

May 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 3
Midcentric/warm - at this price it might be iffy for anything other than another pair of E30s (love them). If you're willing to ramp up the budget the GR04s and GR06 slot in nicely. Cables on VSonics are exceedingly solid to the touch, might be a bit slippery (all I can think of to describe it - the sleeving is a tad bit glossy) but nothing really dehabilitating sound-wise.

Oh, and - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

May 10, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 3
I know but i want to spend even less so I'm willing to go with something worse than the e30 but still durable. I read about the melec m6 and m11 but I really can't stand recessed mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back