Looking for earphones with heavy bass
Jan 6, 2010 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

indra_slk

New Head-Fier
I currently own the Bose In Ear and I had some problems with it. So I am planning to buy earphones with heavy (and i mean heavy) bass like the Bose In Ear or more(bass). My budget is 250$.

So since you guys are the experts I need you'll to tell me which has the most bass in that budget.

But remember they should have as good or better bass than the bose in ear. Since I live in India I cannot test all earphones, so the decision is in your hands.

t

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 18
i have heard from reading across these forums that the sennheiser ie8 have amazing bass and a controllable bass tuner on the earphone them selve

havent tried these but am sure you can ask around

have you been looking at reviews online ?

what ones ya been looking at recently

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 18
Woooo! UE700 is far from being a bassy phones, at least for your standards.
Have a look at IE8, Monster Turbine (pro), Future Sonic Atrio M5/8, JVC FX500 if you want quality bass. Beats by Dre offer a huge amount of bloaty bass, IMO. That's if you really favor quantity to quality.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by indra_slk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I currently own the Bose In Ear and I had some problems with it. So I am planning to buy earphones with heavy (and i mean heavy) bass like the Bose In Ear or more(bass). My budget is 250$.

So since you guys are the experts I need you'll to tell me which has the most bass in that budget.

But remember they should have as good or better bass than the bose in ear. Since I live in India I cannot test all earphones, so the decision is in your hands.

t

My IE8's have the better bass than most headphones I've heard (except for my D7000s) and could be had for $250 if you really look and are among the very top of IEMs (non-customs, along with the SE530s, UE10s, W3, etc...).

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 18
Better try the UE Super.Fi 5 EB (Extended Bass). Haven't heard them, but based on the comments of several head-fi'ers here, they can vouch for the quantity and quality of the bass it produces.

Other options: Sennheiser IEx, UE Super.Fi 5 Pro

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by indra_slk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am currently looking at the Beats by Dr Dre in ear and the ultimate ears 700 but I haven't heard either. I don't want to make a mistake in choosing.

Never heard the Beats by Dr Dre but the UE700 are far from bass heavy. Judging from your requirements you'd be severely disappointed with those.

My pick would be a Denon C710 paired with any sony walkman with Clear Bass +3.
I have tried it myself and you can feel actual air pumping up into your ear canals. Enough air to pump a flat car tire. The darn thing is scary
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #11 of 18
I think the IE8 would be a good option due to the tunable bass. I keep mine on their lowest setting and this is more than sufficient. If you want the Turbines (I really enjoy them), the original Turbine has a larger bass hump than the Pros, but the cables are not as well-designed as on the Pros. If you expect to see a lot of wear and tear, then the IE8s with the replaceable cable or the Turbine Pros would be the recommendation for these options.

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 18
If you want more bass than Bose IEMs then SF5EB are the best with good details in mids n highs. But IE8 willbe better choice because it shows more details and has large soundstage with big punchy bass(tunable) on minimium settings
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #13 of 18
The IE8s seem to be out of your budget. I would say the SF5EB is the way to go. Big bass, but still very tight and controlled. Mids and highs are great too with the separate armature driver. These are the bassiest iems Ive ever heard, but they do not sacrifice on mids or highs.

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #14 of 18
IE8 are sold for $250 on Amazon through one of their affilaite sellers (not sure but I think Amazon will make them refund if the phones are fake but you need to confirm with Amazon about this), and $299 from another seller. I have also seen many of them sell if the FS forum for right around that price mark give or take 15%.

If that is to tight for your budget, you can also look for the Mingo WM2, Cyclone PR2, or if treble detail isn't super important to you the ATH CKS70 iems (these have massive bass and a huge soundstage).

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #15 of 18
Ok, I've looked at all the headphones recommended and the Monster Turbines are the ones for me. As Dobber65 has said that the original Turbines has a larger bass hump. My question, Is there a big difference?(I really fancy the gold)

And also what is the difference between the original and Pro's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back