Looking for DAP
Feb 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hifi nub

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a new DAP. Something that supports making a playlist, export, import. Basically I am looking for a DAP that has basically all features ever needed to one own.

If you may, if you list down a DAP, list or add link to the features and most critical features like example "playlists, folder memory etc".

I jumped on the bandwagon to fast for the x3 that I currently own atm.

Are there any touchscreen daps?

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 4
playlist features can be found on many DAPs, but only a few will offer to deal with them nicely from the DAP itself. FIIO being one of the worst possible choice when it comes to tweakability. they do great as far as sound fidelity and driving power go, not so great in the UI and features department.
the safest bet if you highly regard playlists and browsing features would be to go for something with android and then find the app that does all you need. it will in the end most likely offer something closer to what you personally aspire to get.
I myself have a very retro idea of what a DAP should be so I tend to run away from android stuff, but even for me it seems to be the rational choice for your needs.
then of course comes the question about what headphones you need to drive and if you'll need a portable amp. the X3 being a very special beast, you have little hope of finding an android DAP with the same powerful output.

hard to find the perfect DAP, "it's a jungle out there"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back