Looking for comfortable and durable earphones for about 30-40 bucks.
Jan 19, 2011 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Malkovich

New Head-Fier
Sound quality doesn't have to be the priority.  I've gone through several pairs of JVC Marshmallows to listen to podcasts at work for extended periods of time.  They are really comfortable but they break too often and I find it frustrating.  I would spend a little more on something if I can find something equally comfortable that won't break as often.  I'm pretty hard on them at work and eventually will lose sound in one ear.

Thanks

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 5
The Meelec M6 sounds like a good option. They seem to be pretty hardy =)

The over the ear cable design (with memory wire) should help somewhat with the endurance too methinks =D

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 5
I recommend the MEElec's M9, which have a metal housing and pretty durable wires. It comes with a wide variety of tips, which add to the comfort value.

Though I am curious about how the M6 compares to the M9, been tempted to order a pair to see which is more comfortable.

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I recommend the MEElec's M9, which have a metal housing and pretty durable wires. It comes with a wide variety of tips, which add to the comfort value.

Though I am curious about how the M6 compares to the M9, been tempted to order a pair to see which is more comfortable.

Having owned both I personally enjoy the fit with the wear down style and isolation of the dual flanges on the M9's. The M6 has a memory fit thingy for over ear wear that was not comfortable and I didn't like the tri flanges as the ones I got were flimsy and didn't isolate well. Only caveat is I had 2 defective M6's so both may have just been from a bad batch. Even worn down I get little to no microphonics on my M9's and the sound is really fun and enjoyable. I did a side by side listen to my Shure SE210's (wow didn't realize how much these suck until today) and my creative EP-630's (again didnt realize how terrible these sounded until today) Played the same songs over each and the M9's outperformed both sets across the full spectrum with the exception of the mids on my shures which were a little bit smoother and more forward then the mids on the M9's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back