Looking for comfort/deep over ear phones
Sep 25, 2014 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

timind

Head-Fier
I enjoy listening with headphones and in my house at night it's the best way to go. Here's my dilemma; the cartilage in my right ear sticks out from from my head and makes contact with the headphone. Of course after 30 minutes or so this becomes irritating to the point where the phones must come off.

I've adapted myself to IEMs and have come to appreciate them but... I miss the all encompassing sound of over ear phones. The models I have used recently that. although I enjoyed the sound, I found painful include, Senn HD600 and AKG 701s. What I'm hoping to get are recommendations for cans with exceptionally deep pockets to keep my right ear from rubbing. Thanks in advance.

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 3
  I enjoy listening with headphones and in my house at night it's the best way to go. Here's my dilemma; the cartilage in my right ear sticks out from from my head and makes contact with the headphone. Of course after 30 minutes or so this becomes irritating to the point where the phones must come off.

I've adapted myself to IEMs and have come to appreciate them but... I miss the all encompassing sound of over ear phones. The models I have used recently that. although I enjoyed the sound, I found painful include, Senn HD600 and AKG 701s. What I'm hoping to get are recommendations for cans with exceptionally deep pockets to keep my right ear from rubbing. Thanks in advance.

Why not get some hifi man's with extra deep pads? You can buy extra deep pads all over the internet and put them on any headphone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back