Looking for an IEM for my style of music & purposes ~ 100$ or less
Oct 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 19
hey mark2410, i read your review about the crystals (very good might i add!) and 1 thing that scares me is how you mention how bassy they are. you also say you're not a basshead though. i certainly am not a basshead, i don't think i have a preference actually, i like lows, mids & highs equally i think, maybe a slight preference towards bass. does the bass overpower the crystals? or would it suit my needs just fine you think?

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:

Thanks. I've been reading qUite a bit on those and they're at the top of the list at the moment. The only thing is that they're only available at 1 store in uk and with shipping they're like 140$. They also might be detailed enough for what I'm looking for, but then again I'm only going on what I've read. 

not that its helping but i know 2 shops in the UK that have them, frogbeats and AMP3.

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
hey mark2410, i read your review about the crystals (very good might i add!) and 1 thing that scares me is how you mention how bassy they are. you also say you're not a basshead though. i certainly am not a basshead, i don't think i have a preference actually, i like lows, mids & highs equally i think, maybe a slight preference towards bass. does the bass overpower the crystals? or would it suit my needs just fine you think?

oh i wouldnt be scared by them, yeh they are on the bassy side of things but they are still on planet earth.  mostly the reason i say them is that most high isolators are rather lightish on bass and your musical styles are all bass heavy.  for long flights id want isolation and comfy.  i also assumed your budget wasnt vast since you mentioned the mc5 rather than say the hf5 so bassy comy and isolating points right at the crystals.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
oh i wouldnt be scared by them, yeh they are on the bassy side of things but they are still on planet earth.  mostly the reason i say them is that most high isolators are rather lightish on bass and your musical styles are all bass heavy.  for long flights id want isolation and comfy.  i also assumed your budget wasnt vast since you mentioned the mc5 rather than say the hf5 so bassy comy and isolating points right at the crystals.

thanks mark. i'll be making my decision sometime this week. still trying to narrow it down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back