Looking for advice: TF10 remolding, InEarZ or UM (cable will be Arete cable null audio)
Nov 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

intoko

New Head-Fier
I have had my TF10's since the first amazon lightning deal. I discovered head-fi about the same time. So I have been using them for a few years now. 
I finally decided to spring for the Arete cable from Null Audio (will be here in 7-14 days), I have been using (and replacing) stock cables since I got my TF10's. 

My problem is that I want to get them remolded and I don't know which company to go with.

I currently am at Duke (Durham North Carolina), but I will be going home (Tampa Florida) for winter break. So I can drive (about an hour) up to, and walk into InEarZ in person. From what I have read it seems that UM is better quality than InEarZ and the price is higher. I am trying to decide if its worth the extra money, time, and inconvenience to get my TF10's remolded by UM or is the difference in quality insignificant. 

Additionally, can either company replace the connecter for the cable? I guess I did something to the socket because the left side will fall off the cable if I shake it a little (it's now held on with tape).

As for my music taste, I listen to everything except rap and metal. I have been listening to a lot of classical and soundtracks recently though.

I mainly use the output from my iPhone 5 or the output from a macbook air, I don't have an amp.

Thanks, 

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 3
If you want to get it reshelled, you shouldn't have purchased the upgrade cable.

I'm not sure about InEarZ, but I know from HP that either UM or 1964Ears quality are top class

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 3
I want to use the new cable with the re-shelled Tf10's. I thought that you had to send the cable that you wanted them to use for the re-shell in when you get them re-shelled so that they can make sure it fits? The cable I have just bit the dust two days ago, so I needed a new cable anyway.

If worst comes to worst I'll give the cable to my younger brother as a present, he also has a pair of TF10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back