Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help
Feb 27, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #31 of 35
  What about the Denon AH-MM400's? Any thought on these? I was about to toss in the extra $100 for these but wasn't for sure. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1113916-REG/denon_ahmm400em_ah_mm400_reference_quality_over_ear.html

Also had been looking at the Beyerdynamic DT 1350's

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1113916-REG/denon_ahmm400em_ah_mm400_reference_quality_over_ear.html

Anyone? lol

Ideas on those listed above?

Yeah I can see that too. Wish I could get more information about the Denon AH-MM400's lol.

...here you go...

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #33 of 35
Kayden, since you raise your budget to 400. Probably you want to check Oppo PM3 when they are available.

I have Hifiman HE5LE, got it used for 400+. I also have X1. I also in many occasion managed to compare it with some flagships phone.

Planar phone, driven properly, would be easily few levels above dynamic phones for the same price. The only phine that I wish I could afford because I feel it bettering HE5LE is Beyer T1 (also driven properly)

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #35 of 35
  How do you like your MDR-1A's so far?

I'm on the fence too ... but I really, really want them.  

To be honest I love them and have decided to keep them. I was stuck at first between the Sony's and the B&W P7's and Denon MM400's. I ordered the Denon MM400's and listened and played with them for hours and days but I do not feel they hit the right spot like the Sony's do. I've had the Denon's for about a week now and I have 30 days to send them back and get a full refund. So far I can tell you that the Sony's will in no way be going back but I'm for sure sending the Denon's back. Don't get me wrong the Denon's sound, look and feel amazing but sound quality and comfort I'm leaning more toward the Sony's. I honestly without a doubt feel people are really biased towards Sony like I have said before because Sony sales at every big box store like Beats, Bose, Monster, Skullcandy and others. But the big difference is Sony has been in the audio, headphone and electronics business for ages and knows what is good. Sony has headphones that fit everyone and what your looking for. A lot of people crave headphones that are not sold at big box stores and that are unique and boutique like. That's fine if that's your thing but whatever. I'm not saying Sony's are the best and I'm not saying they are the worst but for the most part they are perfect and I couldn't ask for anything more. The Sony's do feel premium, beautiful and most of all sound amazing. Anyone who say's these are not great or sound amazing I question their opinion and hearing. Every time I'm not using these Sony's I'm looking forward to getting home to using them. I'm excited to get home and listen music through them. It's like getting the best Christmas present or new car but you never get tired of them and you always get excited to listen again. You look forward to having these on your ears and hearing the beautiful sounds these headphones make.

BTW I must say the exterior cups on the MDR-1A's are aluminum made. Some people said they were not sure if they were plastic or aluminum but I can say 100% without a doubt they are aluminum. If left for a a couple hours without use and I pick them up you can feel the cold aluminum metal feel. Trust me cold plastic and cold metal feel differently. These are superb construction and there are a few plastic pieces but they are strong durable plastic and will hold up big time.

If you order them through B&H Photo you have a 30 day no hassle return guarantee and also next day shipping is only $22 and that's great compared to Amazon that next day cost $40+. Plus B&H Photo you get tax free unless you live in New York and Amazon charges tax. I'd try them and if you don't like them then send them back and get a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back