Looking for a short interconnect
Feb 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GasMaskMan

100+ Head-Fier
I got a Fiio E7 back at during Christmas, but sadly lost the interconnect.

I'm having a hard time finding one similar, with a straight plug on one end and an angled at the other, for a low price.
Any one have any direction they can point me?
Most everything I find is too thick, or expensive.

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 5
For clarification, what price range are you looking for? Like, sub-$20?
Also, when you say "angled" plug, do you mean a 90 degree plug (like the one pictured here) or a 45 degree plug (like the one pictured here)?
Lemme know and I'll see what I can do :D

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Ah! Meant a 90 degree plug.
$20 would be the absolute max I'd be willing to go, and Thanks!

Forgot to mention I'm mostly looking for something with a gold plug, if possible.

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Wow, for whatever reason this is the most ridiculously difficult thing to find :p You may be better off going with something like an angled to angled or straight to straight, honestly. Should really be about the same. Fiio offers a fair variety of short interconnects like that (L2 and L8 come to mind), or you can get one other places.
As far as exactly what you're looking for, you have a couple options: there are things like this that are exactly what you're looking for, but are pretty long (3 feet is the shortest, and kind of defeats the purpose of a portable interconnect). You could probably just DIY build one with parts pretty easily, too; cable is cheap, and if you're handy with a soldering iron then making an interconnect isn't too technical (great tutorial here).
Sorry I can't find exactly what you need :p

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Wow, for whatever reason this is the most ridiculously difficult thing to find :p You may be better off going with something like an angled to angled or straight to straight, honestly. Should really be about the same. Fiio offers a fair variety of short interconnects like that (L2 and L8 come to mind), or you can get one other places.
As far as exactly what you're looking for, you have a couple options: there are things like this that are exactly what you're looking for, but are pretty long (3 feet is the shortest, and kind of defeats the purpose of a portable interconnect). You could probably just DIY build one with parts pretty easily, too; cable is cheap, and if you're handy with a soldering iron then making an interconnect isn't too technical (great tutorial here).
Sorry I can't find exactly what you need :p

Haha thanks anyways man.  I found it a bit odd I couldn't find the same cable that came with my E7.

Probably just going to get the L8.
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back