Looking for a pair of portable headphones/earphones, 40-75$
Sep 20, 2011 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tacobff

100+ Head-Fier
I mainly look to techno sorts, mainly glitch and electronica with a bit of dubstep sprinkled in there. Basically anything bass heavy, but I still like to get in my trebles and mids. (Justice, Skrillex, glitch mob, etc.) So far I've really kept my eye on Klipsch S4's, I've heard great things like there bass about them, but I've also heard the S4's treble and mids are pretty bad. I listened to my friends pair of S4's and they sounded a bit to high pitched and offtone. I've also been looking at monster turbines, but they are kind of expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? As for headphones, I'd rather them be light and able to carry them on my neck without them clasping over my throat. Just anything that doesn't look really awkward. (cases include would be nice) Thanks in advance.

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 5
+1

NuForce NE-700X (which I happen to be selling wink wink) are also a great choice. You'll probably see Klipsch S4i mentioned, but I would stay away, because for me they were extremely harsh and sibilant sounding.

Edit: I see you mentioned S4 yourself, and had the same conclusions as me, ahha. Sorry, I'm not good with blocks of text. Brainwavz M2 and NuForce NE-700X are good competitors.

Quote:
Brainwavz M2's are always a solid choice, they're great for bassy music like some of the ones that you've listed.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Hmm, I checked out the M2's and they seem ok. I saw that most of the time the bass wasn't overdone. (I'm not sure if overdone is or good or not. imo More bass> less bass)
The Nuforce ones... the eartips look kind of awkward. They seem shallow and, it looks like they'd fall out of my ear a lot.

How would monster turbines compare to any of these? I've listened to my friends and the bass sounds terrific, but I'd rather find something a bit cheaper for the same value first.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 5
I will recommend the Sony EX310, EX510 (uses dome type dynamic drivers) and they sound crisp, clean with deep punchy bass and wider soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back