Looking for a not-so-typical MP3 Player
Jan 21, 2007 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pftrvlr

100+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine gave me a Samsung MP3 player that has some MP3 songs already loaded. It is tiny. It is convenient. But the sound from the earbug is so bad that I could not put up with it.

I like my RCD951->MF A300->BW DM305 so much better. But I don't get to play with my Hi-Fi that often, because the wife now plays piano every night.

So now I am building up a headphone system that I can use upstairs. I want my head-fi to match the SQ of my hi-fi. I don' want another CDP, and I am going to play no MP3 tracks. I could use my desktop or my laptop to put out lossless digital signal to a USB DAC MD10 that is on its way. But I do like the small size of the MP3 player.

This is what I am looking for:

A small hard drive based player that can play lossless format file, has USB input/output.

Is there anything like that in the market?

Thx.

Jan 21, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the quick replies.

The Creative ZVM is a interesting one. But not sure will work with USB DAC.

I guess I am just too far ahead of time.

Jan 21, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony players can play Atrac, which I believe can be lossless.

from what i have read, if you use atrac lossless it is converted (or it uses a smaller, lossy compressed version created along with the lossless version) when it transfers to the player. that may not be true of all the models, though. you neglected to mention the iaudio X5 or M5. they will play FLAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Creative ZVM is a good dap, but if you want video playback, that's your choice. I believe it has USB host as well.

only the 60GB vision:m can do usb host and neither model can play compressed lossless (only WAV).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back