Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Apr 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Moonkist

New Head-Fier
I'm relatively new to the audio world, I usually listen to genres that favor bass (All kinds of EDM) and i'm trying to look for a pair of headphones i can walk around with in public. I currently own the v-moda crossfade lp, sony mdr-xb500, jvc ha-m5x, sennheiser hd 439, hd518, and ihome ib50b. I would like something similar to the crossfade lp or the sennheiser hd439. Something stylish with decent sound and a price under or around $200. I would want it to have decent isolation and low ohms. Hopefully the amazing head-fi community can help me :D 

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 10
What's lacking in the LP that you do not like? Seems to me a few people will recommend those based on your listening requirements. The LP2s are an option if just a slightly more refined sound is what you're looking for but if you already own the first version that's not a very exciting upgrade. I personally found the new Monster DNA to be very good but that's an on ear option. You didn't say specifically you wanted over the ear but isolation usually means over ear to me.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
What's lacking in the LP that you do not like? Seems to me a few people will recommend those based on your listening requirements. The LP2s are an option if just a slightly more refined sound is what you're looking for but if you already own the first version that's not a very exciting upgrade. I personally found the new Monster DNA to be very good but that's an on ear option. You didn't say specifically you wanted over the ear but isolation usually means over ear to me.

I do like the crossfade lp but i just want something a little bit more exciting and versatile. The boomy in your face bass is a little bit too much for me and im starting to get into a still enhanced bass but not as "in your face" preference. I would prefer over ear but on ear would also work depending on the sound quality. I have a fiio e6 if that matters at all. I just want something a little less fatiguing.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 10
Well the VMODA M100 is precisely what you're lookin for. Only problem is that it's 300. I tried a few sub 200 headphones and none can touch the M100 in versatility. The Beyer Custom One Pro is a good choice if you must stay in that price range. Check out that thread for more info. A lot of people love it. I just had trouble wearing them w my glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back