Lookin' at V-Moda
Feb 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Boosh96

New Head-Fier
I've been looking at headphones on Amazon, and now I'm considering getting a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP's or M-100's. Is either model friendly towards rock music? It seems to me that these are the way to go instead of the Sennheiser HD 558's, considering the audiophile/live performance tag PLUS the fact that they're closed and noise-isolating. Plus I've heard Sennheiser cans are fairly laid back. Any thoughts?

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I've been looking at headphones on Amazon, and now I'm considering getting a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP's or M-100's. Is either model friendly towards rock music? It seems to me that these are the way to go instead of the Sennheiser HD 558's, considering the audiophile/live performance tag PLUS the fact that they're closed and noise-isolating. Plus I've heard Sennheiser cans are fairly laid back. Any thoughts?

Sennheiser cans are more "polite", if you will :p
But yeah, the 558 is an open can, and the bass wouldn't really be what you'd be looking for compared to the v-moda's. 
I'd think that either model is fine, though the supra/circum-aural stuff is up to you. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 3
Boosh96,

I own a range of headphones, from entry level to high end.

In my experience high end cans will never cease to amaze you with clarity, transparency, neutrality and details. However theyre microscopic view of music tends to make you listen to details and listen less to the music. They get boring.

Honestly, my favorite cans thus far are the V-Moda M100s. I agree with V-Moda's description..maudiophile/modern audiophile. It offers a great blend of audiophile qualities with some kick @$$ bass reponse and some fun coloration.

I dont listen to a ton of rock music, but these cans really sound great with all genres to my ears.

Regards,
Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back