Logical upgrade from Beyerdynamic DT-770?
Sep 18, 2010 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kickstand

New Head-Fier
As the title says I am looking to upgrade from my Beyerdynamic DT770's.  They are the 2005 consumer edition cans @250 ohms. Cabled with starquad.   My current contenders are the Sennheiser HD650's and the Grado RS-2.  My price range is up to about $550.

Music I normally listen to is rock and rap with some house/techno/dubstep thrown in depending on the night. I am not a total basshead but I do like my bass to be controlled with some oompf behind it.  Comfort for long period of time is a definite priority as well as a large sound stage.  Looking for something open this time around compared to the sealed DT770's.  Sound leaking isnt an issue. 

Source is my imac but I am currently looking at USB DACs due to a hissing issue I am getting.  If I need to buy an amp as well I have no problem with that. I know my Beyers would benefit from one but it isnt something I have gotten around to purchasing yet.

Also if anyone is interested in they Beyers in the CONUS I would be willing to cut someone an awesome deal on them 
wink_face.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 2
The RS-2s probably aren't what you are looking for. The DT770s are a bit bass-heavy. You should look into to some higher-end Ultrasone headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back