Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite
Oct 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #871 of 2,724
  ... honestly I'm happy to hear that. I have mostly Low Impedance cans that I want to pair with it

They aren't really designed to power low-impedence high sensitivity headphones such as Grados or the Sony's, you'll get background hum.

probably but i wrote in another post that the MKVI with my hf-2 recabled was one of the best combos that i listened.
no hum at all.
but, of course, ther needs to experience with another low impedance headphones

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #872 of 2,724

probably but i wrote in another post that the MKVI with my hf-2 recabled was one of the best combos that i listened.
no hum at all.
but, of course, ther needs to experience with another low impedance headphones

Some users had background noise with high sensitivity headphones in this thread, my then recabled Sony MDR CD950 (50ohm's) had hissing noise on SE and balanced.

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #873 of 2,724
  Some users had background noise with high sensitivity headphones in this thread, my then recabled Sony MDR CD950 (50ohm's) had hissing noise on SE and balanced.

i believe you.
i tried 32 ohm and 60(jvc dx-1000) ohm and i had no problems

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #874 of 2,724

Sure it was not a problem of valve microphone?

Oct 21, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #876 of 2,724
My balanced DX1000 and most very sensitive headphones had a VERY low level hum. Tubes had an impact on the hum level. The LD apparently is designed to work on 230V but in the UK it is often closer to 250V so that might also have had an impact.
I was shocked to learn that somebody apparently used his LD MK6 with CIEM and had no issues with hum? 
confused.gif

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #877 of 2,724
  They aren't really designed to power low-impedence high sensitivity headphones such as Grados or the Sony's, you'll get background hum.

My balanced DX1000 and most very sensitive headphones had a VERY low level hum. Tubes had an impact on the hum level. The LD apparently is designed to work on 230V but in the UK it is often closer to 250V so that might also have had an impact.
I was shocked to learn that somebody apparently used his LD MK6 with CIEM and had no issues with hum? 
confused.gif

ugh I keep hearing about hum with sensitive and low impedance headphones -.- why can't some one make a balanced tube for use with super senstive cans *face palm* I mean hell I might as well get the Vali if the LD MK VI+ is totally silent either 

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #879 of 2,724
You can use an impedance adaptor if you're going to be using any IEM/headphone rated at 32ohms or less

Ahh I've wondered if something like that existed... how ever do they make them in XLR format and if they are most commonly SE where can you by them? 

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #881 of 2,724
You can make one with less than $25. Two resistors for signal and two jacks on both ends to accept the connection.

can you buy them in SE, I do not have the time nor skill to make anything 

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #882 of 2,724
The MK6 was specially designed to power the K1000 and other hard to drive headphones (low sensitivity) and remains one of the most powerful headpone amplifier available today. 
Getting this amp to power iems and other easy to drive headphones is a bit daft, IMO.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #884 of 2,724
  The MK6 was specially designed to power the K1000 and other hard to drive headphones (low sensitivity) and remains one of the most powerful headpone amplifier available today. 
Getting this amp to power iems and other easy to drive headphones is a bit daft, IMO.

Well then are there any other balanced tube amps on the market then -.- 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back