Lite Audio DAC AM???
Jun 10, 2008 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ZackP

500+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fi'ers. I was wondering, does anyone have the Lite Audio AM dac? If so, how does it compare to other sub $300 dacs?

Thanks for reading
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 9
very few, if any, folks have that one.

the lite dac ah modded gets high praise. might be the best under $300 new dac out there.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 9
I heard the DAC part is better than O1, it's using cell AD1853. However O1's amp section wins. I don't own one but I'd like to try too. Lite E100 is a superb amp which almost ranked top in Chinese products.
AM.jpg

AM-2.jpg

Jun 11, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan on using it as a stand alone DAC with the Darkvoice 332

Not sure what's the price there in US, but this item comes as a DAC + headphone amp in one box, so there should be some compromises in the DAC part. I still think a dedicated DAC may be a better choice, such as Zero. Sorry I'm less experienced, not sure what matches Darkvoice 332 well.

Oct 6, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 9
Got my Lite DAC-AM and although it still burns in, sound is very good so far. Headphone amp is not bad, but a dedicated PH100 is better. And there is no volume control for the headamp out and the connector is located on the back which kind of rules it as an emergency solution only. I am using it together with my Trends Audio UD-10.1 USB-digital out, coax or AES/EBU cable to the Lite DAC-AM and then Shanling PH100 to K701. Sound from the UD-10.1 is superb to the stock optical out of my Apple Macbook Pro 17" directly connected to the Lite DAC-AM.

Looking to replace an M-Audio Audiophile (coax out) with the UD-10.1 on another Mac Mini too. The UD-10.1 has also all the digital connectors you'll ever need and sounds superb. No power supply or drivers needed while on USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back