CAD$ 7.14

CAD$ 2.98

CAD$ 31.64

CAD$ 6.61

​

Final Price  
CAD$ 167.37​

um will it really be that much money?

edit: i paid $20 extra for fedex air to get it before the strike ends, is there a way to cancel that? i used paypal and i sent $20 to alessandro.

it's not expected to clear until the 6th of july.

does this mean they won't ship usps even after the strike?

Quote:
[size=x-small]We have received your order and your payment is cleared. However due to the postal strike in Canada, economy shipping (via USPS Airmail) is not available. We can ship via FedEx Ground, or you can upgrade to FedEx Air for $20.00. Please let us know what you would like to do. If you want to send the additional payment, you can send it via Paypal to hounddogcorp@msn.com and we can upgrade your shipping.[/size]

[size=x-small]Thank you,[/size]

Jun 23, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #47 of 243
Some of the higher up FedEx/UPS shipping options already have the brokerage fee included. I don't know if your upgraded FedEx Air is among them, but it's quite possible. You can try calling FedEx and/or Alessandro to make sure, or maybe a more seasoned FedEx user here can weigh in on this.

Jun 23, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #48 of 243

Quote:
Some of the higher up FedEx/UPS shipping options already have the brokerage fee included. I don't know if your upgraded FedEx Air is among them, but it's quite possible. You can try calling FedEx and/or Alessandro to make sure, or maybe a more seasoned FedEx user here can weigh in on this.

i contacted alessandro and they said they don't have any of the options to influence the brokerage fees and that all brokerage fees are the responsibility of customs. so i sent them an email to cancel the fedex airmail. i am willing to wait out the canada post strike.

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #49 of 243
The shipping methods that bypass brokerage fees basically have those fees already built in, so you don't really save on much except time. I've ordered from Headroom and they ship UPS Expedited to Canada and I've only paid taxes, but their shipping is already $50+. The cheaper option is to send regular UPS or FedEx, then choose to broker the package yourself. This takes a lot of running around on your part though, so it may not be worth the time as you typically have to drive back and forth to customs and the mail depot during regular work hours to sort things out.

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #50 of 243

Quote:
The shipping methods that bypass brokerage fees basically have those fees already built in, so you don't really save on much except time. I've ordered from Headroom and they ship UPS Expedited to Canada and I've only paid taxes, but their shipping is already $50+. The cheaper option is to send regular UPS or FedEx, then choose to broker the package yourself. This takes a lot of running around on your part though, so it may not be worth the time as you typically have to drive back and forth to customs and the mail depot during regular work hours to sort things out.

i was going to have it shipped via usps as its post canada and their brokerage fees are much cheaper. plus the shipping is free.

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #51 of 243
Or buy used and skip the whole kerfuffle. (psst I have a SR125 that I don't need
tongue.gif
)

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #52 of 243

Quote:
Or buy used and skip the whole kerfuffle. (psst I have a SR125 that I don't need
tongue.gif
)

hmmmm, how much am i looking at here. this would require me to cancel my order with alessandro which i don't know quite how to do. plus you would have to wait a week for the check to clear,

Jun 24, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #53 of 243

Quote:
Maybe not, but they can still nail you for brokerage fees depending on the carrier. How much was it to bring the LCD-2 up here after all taxes/custom fees?

Audeze LCD2 $945 (USD) + 13% HST (CDN) + $75 Shipping  (USD)

No custom fees, it's made in USA. :)

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #54 of 243
Really? You must have lucked out on not paying brokerage... being made in the US means you don't have to pay the import duties, but brokerage is a separate thing that's still added on in most cases.

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #55 of 243

Quote:
Really? You must have lucked out on not paying brokerage... being made in the US means you don't have to pay the import duties, but brokerage is a separate thing that's still added on in most cases.

Yes, probably, I checked again and I didn't pay any brokerage fee, maybe it was handled by Audeze or was part of the shipping cost but never saw on my receipt. :)

In most cases, I really don't worry about the brokerage fee, it's the custom fees are killing Canadian buyers. :frowning2:

Last time I ordered something from Abercrombie, brokerage fee was paid by them so hst/tax is my only concern....

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #56 of 243
I think you just lucked out. Brokerage fees for an item in that price bracket would be $60-70, on top of the shipping. For the package to be brokered by UPS, I'm pretty sure the shipping fee would be over $100.

But yeah, the 13% tax hurts too.

Jun 26, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #58 of 243
guys i have a problem. i sent $20 to alessandro via papal and cancelled it (they denied it do to my request) and now i go to my bank and i have $20 missing. what happened to my money?

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #59 of 243
It might just take a business day for the money to appear. Like most monetary institutions, money leaves very quickly, but it takes at least a day for income to register.

Jun 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #60 of 243
Don't worry about it, I've done the same thing sorta (sent to a mistyped email address) the money comes out fast but it takes paypal a couple of days or so to process putting money into an account. It will show up in a couple days.

Quote:
guys i have a problem. i sent $20 to alessandro via papal and cancelled it (they denied it do to my request) and now i go to my bank and i have $20 missing. what happened to my money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back