Linum update and the new Linum Super BaX on tour
Mar 1, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #32 of 194
Mar 2, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #33 of 194
How much did they sell for? Like cost in USD?

$300 which includes the Danish VAT of 25%. Thet gave a 10% discount on these.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #34 of 194
$300 which includes the Danish VAT of 25%. Thet gave a 10% discount on these.
Awesome, I was actually expecting the price to be much higher.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #36 of 194
I was actually hoping for lower as cable cost should be less than 15% of IEM cost.

Then you can go with the standad Bax which is cheaper. This is their premium product.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #37 of 194
Whilst I want one I found the price of €300 crazy when compared to €80 for the original. They have jumped on the Audiophile bandwagon here big time.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #38 of 194
How much did they sell for? Like cost in USD?

I bought one and had it shipped to the US. It will be selling for 250 Euros outside of the EU (mine was 225 with the 10% preorder discount). Shipping was 17 Euros. You can do the currency calculation but it roughly comes down to $280 total when it is released at today's exchange rates.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #39 of 194
Whilst I want one I found the price of €300 crazy when compared to €80 for the original. They have jumped on the Audiophile bandwagon here big time.

I thought this was just the special order price they have been offering, that production cable price would be lower?
If this is the case , a little disappointed as well. BaX is awesome cable, just wanted a Linum cable with minimal resistance, figured maybe $150ish.... oh well :frowning2:

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #40 of 194
I thought this was just the special order price they have been offering, that production cable price would be lower?
If this is the case , a little disappointed as well. BaX is awesome cable, just wanted a Linum cable with minimal resistance, figured maybe $150ish.... oh well :frowning2:

The special order was 10% cheaper, I don't expect them to lower the price. The price is on level with many other premium cables

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #41 of 194
The special order was 10% cheaper, I don't expect them to lower the price. The price is on level with many other premium cables

You are missing the point nc8000. It has nothing to do with other cables, however the fact that the Bax is €80 and the SuperBax is €320. Thats a mighty leap for not much of a technology change don't you think? I call that jumping on the bandwagon of the high price audiophile craze we keep seeing. It could easily have been double the cost at €160 but I feel greed has kicked in.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #42 of 194
I will be picking up the 2-pin Linum Super BaX cable tomorrow from the local FedEx office, they attempted delivery today, but no one was at my home to sign for it.

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #43 of 194
I understand @RPB65 's sentiment.
Personally, I've been awaiting this cable for the 3rd year now. Even proposed to pay for a prototype while it was in development. But I didn't jump on the private/waiting list pre-order offer. Yes it is going to be the priciest SPC cable I'll ever be buying, but I don't want it to be for a TRS Single Ended cable. I'd rather wait till they offer the SuperBal, balanced variant of the SuperBax and if they offer it with the sturdy reliable 4.4mm TRRRS termination.

So yeah, it's gonna be pricey, but I also remember it's been a long R&D going for them, I imagine they gotta recoup at some point you know, and it's a more bigger production scale for Linum than others so it has to be reliable. Artists/bands or their sound support sound engineers or w/e don't wanna be bogged down with retermination/repairs.
I know I still want one for comfort, even though I have a Norne Therium cable that's been reterminated for 4.4mm balanced and currently in shipment back to me.
But if the Super Balanced would cost even more, say double the SuperBax I'm out. I'd rather try my luck waiting for broken/damaged 2x SuperBax on the classifieds and send them to another cable maker for retermination + plug of my choices you know
rolleyes.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #44 of 194
You are missing the point nc8000. It has nothing to do with other cables, however the fact that the Bax is €80 and the SuperBax is €320. Thats a mighty leap for not much of a technology change don't you think? I call that jumping on the bandwagon of the high price audiophile craze we keep seeing. It could easily have been double the cost at €160 but I feel greed has kicked in.

I have no idea what level of technology leap has happened between the 2, when we get right down to all it does is conduct electricity, something even a wire coat hanger can do.

I'm annoys me a bit that people complane about what premium or any other products cost, not just this but any. If one think it's too much just don't buy it, nobody us being forced to buy and there is plenty of cheaper options or one can just stick with stock cables, that is totally free. Manufacturers set the price they want and complaining about it is not going to chance what they charge.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #45 of 194
I understand @RPB65
 's sentiment.
Personally, I've been awaiting this cable for the 3rd year now. Even proposed to pay for a prototype while it was in development. But I didn't jump on the private/waiting list pre-order offer. Yes it is going to be the priciest SPC cable I'll ever be buying, but I don't want it to be for a TRS Single Ended cable. I'd rather wait till they offer the SuperBal, balanced variant of the SuperBax and if they offer it with the sturdy reliable 4.4mm TRRRS termination.

So yeah, it's gonna be pricey, but I also remember it's been a long R&D going for them, I imagine they gotta recoup at some point you know, and it's a more bigger production scale for Linum than others so it has to be reliable. Artists/bands or their sound support sound engineers or w/e don't wanna be bogged down with retermination/repairs.
I know I still want one for comfort, even though I have a Norne Therium cable that's been reterminated for 4.4mm balanced and currently in shipment back to me.
But if the Super Balanced would cost even more, say double the SuperBax I'm out. I'd rather try my luck waiting for broken/damaged 2x SuperBax on the classifieds and send them to another cable maker for retermination + plug of my choices you know:rolleyes:

I bet the balanced will be nearly double the price since there will orobably be double the conductors. However the SE cable actually has four conductors all the way to the plug so should be possible to just reterminate to balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back