Link for winamp asio sse2?
Feb 7, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 7
SSE2 is the instruction set for you processor. There is a free test program which tells you what your processor supports, if I remember correctly it's called cpu-z or cpuid.

Have it on my home pc but not here at work.

If you download the asio drivers there are versions for the different instruction sets. If I understand correctly (I'm no expert) there is a better performance if the asio files match the fastest instruction set your cpu supports. It's a bit like having a Linux kernel optimised for a certain processor.

Steve

Feb 8, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you, StevieDvd! I'll try the program you mentioned. But what means "better performance"? I had no problem with the version I use, was it luck or...?
confused.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metaphysical
thanks. for some reason i cant get asio to work at all. it says missing output plugin.

There's a checkbox when you go to configure the plugin in preferences so that you may enable it. If that is enabled and it's still doing that, maybe your sound card isn't capable of ASIO? Hope that helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Quichotte
Thank you, StevieDvd! I'll try the program you mentioned. But what means "better performance"? I had no problem with the version I use, was it luck or...?

No, chances are your chip does supports SSE2 if you have a fairly new chip (I think all Pentium 4's and Athlon 64s and Semprons support it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back