Line-Out Dock equivalent for HTC HD2
Feb 19, 2011 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ElcomeSoft

100+ Head-Fier
Alright, so I'm happy with the result that my HTC HD2 provides via the 3.5mm jack output with IEM's... however reading up about the iPhone/iPod Line-out Dock cables, which as I understand utilises the 'line out' circuitry and thus bypasses the internal Amp (and maybe more circuitry).

My HTC HD2 has an awful volume control function and I don't fancy messing with the software behind it. Tacking on my little Fiio E5 amp (free gift so I thought I'd try it) into the loop HD2 -> 3.5mm jack -> E5 -> IEM's, doesn't upgrade or degrade the SQ any to my ears and the bass boost has it's uses. However in this case, my E5 is really used as a glorified volume controller.

I like the look of the Fiio E7 which could improve my PC's audio experience when listening to music, or at the very least make things more convenient, and could also improve my portable audio experience. The 'however' comes in as I do not know whether it would be worth it in either case, whether I use the 3.5mm jack or find an LOD equivalent.

Now that I have laid down some of the background, here are my questions:

Am I thinking out of my backside?

Is there an equivalent LOD cable/feature available for the HTC HD2?

If so, is there a noticable improvement and where can I find one?

EDIT: From the minimal information I can find on the internet, it seems like the HTC HD2 is incapable of producing audio via it's USB port. There is barely any information out there but if it's true, I'll never find something like the iPhone has, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back