Lime Ears thread - introducing the LE3SW
Aug 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

average_joe

Headphoneus Supremus
Lime Ears has combined the LE3 and LE3B into one CIEM, the LE3SW which, for a 50 Euro premium will offer a switch to flip between the two.  I have the individual versions and will post my review in this thread once it is done.  Please feel free to ask questions and/or discuss any of the Lime Ears products in this thread.

Official statement: 

If you couldn’t make up your mind… Here it is!
Our new product: LE3SW with switch that allows you to change sound signature between LE3 (clear, balanced) and LE3B (with additional warmth and extended bass impact).
Now available as custom option (add 50€ to standard LE3 price)!

On picture: LE3SW in universal demo version (fits into every ear to give you foretaste of what is yet to come). Contact us if you would like to try it out!

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 95
You might want to ask the question here, as joker has reviewed both.  I think the LE3 with the switch offers good value since you get two different sound signatures, but my full review isn't complete yet, so I can't say with certainty.  

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 95
Although I wasn't able to drop by to Audio Show 2014 which was held in Warsaw on 8th and 9th of November I know from our Polish forum that Lime Ears introduced new model being 5 drivers and 4 way, named Aether. This is CI, DTEC and TWFK combo. Someone who listened to it wrote that it has sound signature similar to LE3 (balanced with warmth and smooth highs). Ether should be available in a month.

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 95
Quick update on Aether. Although there is still no info about it on LE's official webpage, one of the guys on our local, Polish forum got his hands on Aether. I'm not able to say much about Aether as the review is not written in a typical way (of course IMHO), but overal impression is that Aether is very good. Allegedly Aether is priced at approx. USD 1,300.

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #9 of 95
AmberOZL, I guess we need to wait for AJ's review (if he is going to get Aether) or any other experienced headfier:). I don't believe in assessing CIEMs based on demos so I think that I won't be asking Lime Ears for Aether demos.

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #11 of 95
Well, looks I'll be getting the Aether
redface.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #12 of 95
I am listening to Aether demos right now and I know I want the upgrade! Later on I will write something more about them and LE3SW.

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #15 of 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back