Like New Grado HP-1000!
Aug 10, 2007 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

lmilhan

Headphoneus Supremus
On a popular auction website (which will remain nameless to keep certain people from getting their panties in a wad), a pair of HP-1000s are up for sale. They are by far the most perfect pair of HP-1000s I have ever laid eyes on. They look brand new to me.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

P.S. Same seller is selling a beutiful Melos amp as well in case someone wants to shoot for a package deal!
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck fellas!

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 71
How dare you start a thread blah blah... just kidding
wink.gif

Those are the best looking, most mint (like they've never been touched) pair I've ever seen. Wow.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #5 of 71
the pictures are amazing. probably the most mint pair i have ever seen, in person or by photo. this thing is going to kill someone's bank account.

watching with great interest.

edit: since the cat is out of the bag, here they are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRADO-HP1-HP1000...QQcmdZViewItem

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a popular auction website (which will remain nameless to keep certain people from getting their panties in a wad), a pair of HP-1000s are up for sale. They are by far the most perfect pair of HP-1000s I have ever laid eyes on. They look brand new to me.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

P.S. Same seller is selling a beutiful Melos amp as well in case someone wants to shoot for a package deal!
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck fellas!

There he is boys!! Get him!!!

On a side note:
DAMN! Those are nicer than the pair jude sold!!

I will be watching that Melos on the off chance I am able to afford it.

The seller seems to know what he's got, making the listings 10 day auctions.

My aupresound HP-2 is still quite nice looking though
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 71
Where are the extra pictures of the HP-1000? I only see the headphones with the pads face up in the Joe Grado box, but nothing else.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 71
here are the two beauty shots

daygradoaug0707-6.jpg

daygradoaug0707-7.jpg

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #9 of 71
Geez!! those are beauts.

So I guess this is the new method to post ebay alerts while not upsetting the ebay mafia
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #13 of 71
Aug 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #14 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I guess this is the new method to post ebay alerts while not upsetting the ebay mafia
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah, lol. That was the loophole I was hoping to use.

At any rate, when I post a heads up like this, it is because I am hoping that the item in question (especially something this historic and beautiful) is won by a Head-Fier. It isn't out of spite or to intentionally piss someone off, but for some reason a handful of people see it that way. But I can promise that I have only the best of intentions when alerting the community to an auction like this.

I can tell you that I am a contender in that HP-1000 auction, but I am pretty confident I will not be winning the auction. So someone here pick up the slack and grab em' so we can keep them in the Head-Fi community!
icon10.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #15 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
9 days left, how much do you guy/gals think they'll run for?

Given the condition they are in, combined with the fact of their legendary status, apparent legitimacy of the seller (with good feedback) and how freakin' rare it is to find a pair in lightly used, like new condition, not to mention that they have the 'Ultra wide bandwidth' cable...

I wouldn't be surprised if they easily go for $1700 or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back