Like neruda, I'm back...
Mar 31, 2002 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Driftwood

100+ Head-Fier
whew. I had 474 threads to go through since I have been away for the past week.

I went to Ney York for a few days to visit my sister, and the whole time I was there, the best headphones I saw was a portapro. A lot of people have these weird bastardized vertical phones that have a streetstyle band? That seems like the worst idea ever.

Anyway, I am glad to be back, I was going through headphone withdrawl.

Luckily though, I bought about a dozen or so cds so I have plenty to listen to!

Driftwood

Mar 31, 2002 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 7
I thought the debtors finally caught up to you after that massive headphone buying spree
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2002 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 7
Welcome back!

Mar 31, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 7
thanks, coolvij.

hehe, jon. actually, all of my headphone stuff is paid off! Shoo!

So here is where I am at now. I have a trip for two weeks to europe coming up this summer and that is going to cost me about $2000 plus whatever I want to spend while I am there. I am thinking I should probably have $3000 reserved for the trip.

I am moving to a different place, and would like to have some money on reserve for that (maybe $1000)

right now, I have about $2500, so it looks like I need another $1500 before I make any more headphone purchases.

more than you wanted to know...

Driftwood

Apr 1, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #6 of 7
my sister lives in Astoria, but mainly I was in manhattan during the day (doing the various touristy things).

The subway yields a lot of people listening to headphones, but about 95% were using stock headphones, and those that weren't were probably using something worse.

The only non-horrendous headphones I saw were a phillips something or other and the aforementioned portapros.

Driftwood

Apr 1, 2002 at 6:56 AM Post #7 of 7
I'm a bit late - but welcome back Driftwood
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back