Lightning to 3.5mm dongle upgrades?
May 19, 2024 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jbfps116

100+ Head-Fier
IMG_2428.jpeg

I have this nice Charge Worx dongle I got for my iPhone quite a few years ago. It’s a champ and works flawlessly and lets me charge my phone as well while listening to music. It seems a bit more powerful than the standard Apple dongle and sounds a bit better, maybe. Best of all it has audio controls!

Sadly it’s out of production and I cannot find any similar product that has built-in audio controls. Just asking in case I need to upgrade later. Find a different dongle or upgrade to some nicer DAC or something? I have no experience really in this area so any suggestions are welcome.

Jun 2, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 2
Replying to myself in case anyone could use this information: I got this cheap dongle on Amazon that must have some kind of amp or volume enhancer because I need way less volume when listening to music than the Charge Worx shown above. This is great for the tangzu XuanNv because those use more power then my other buds. the dongle seems to be ok build quality, and the sound from both jacks works well, sounds clear, and the charge port works great as well. No error messages. Worth the price I paid for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back