lighted switch for XIN headphone amp
Jul 8, 2023 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

markstvn

New Head-Fier
I recently posted about an old XIN Super Macro, not working. After trial and error, I found that something is wrong with the lighted power toggle switch. It sometimes works, but mostly it doesn't, you can flip it on 10-15 times and if you are lucky the red switch lights up, everything works. Does anybody know where I can get this part, and how difficult is it to replace the part that is there. I know somebody who is much better than myself who could possible due it. It hast to be a loose connection somewhere, because it works intermittenly. The red switch is the one that is hit or miss

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best to All

Mark

Attachments

• Power Switch on Supermacro.jpg
    Power Switch on Supermacro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 5
If it is just a loose soldering joint, any person (including your local electrician / repairman) that know how to solder can do a quick re-soldering without replacing anything. If the switch has gone bad, then you need to know the size / dimension of the switch to find the correct replacement. Take the amp apart and do some measurement first, then find the part online and find yourself someone who knows how to do soldering to replace it. Alternatively there might be some local / nearby DIYer that can help you with the whole process.

Jul 12, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 5
If it is just a loose soldering joint, any person (including your local electrician / repairman) that know how to solder can do a quick re-soldering without replacing anything. If the switch has gone bad, then you need to know the size / dimension of the switch to find the correct replacement. Take the amp apart and do some measurement first, then find the part online and find yourself someone who knows how to do soldering to replace it. Alternatively there might be some local / nearby DIYer that can help you with the whole process.
My son in law took it apart and used WD-40 contact cleaner on it, and my problem is fixed. Just thought I would follow up on this so as to advise what was ultimately used to fix this issue. Thanks for responding and to all in the community here who help the other members here with their knowledge and support.

Jul 12, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 5
I"m going to stop replying to my own posts, but I hooked this up to my Etymotic 4p's, which are my favorite ear buds, with high quality source material, and i can't believe I let this amp sit on my shelf for at least 5-6 years. The sound is incredible. I have a RSA Predator as well, and it is also quite good, but something abou the warmth and clarity of this amp, just blows me away.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 5
too bad Dr Xin is no longer making any amps (imaging a balanced Xin amp). I'm still rocking to my SuperMicro and prefer it over many more expensive amps (not to mention micro size).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back