Light Harmonic GEEK
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,621 of 1,658
Hi guys,
I got a couple of question about GO IEM 100 whose answere I haven't found in this enormous thread and in the net so I'll ask here:
- does both the jack avayable have 0.47 ohm impedance?
- do they both output max 100mW power?
- can they be used simultaneously? If yes, when used simultaneusly do they both output 100mW power?
- does GO IEM became as hot as GO 450-1000? Last time I checked some GO 450-1000 reached more than 60° under normal usage...
- besides IEM is GO 100 suitable for low impedance & sensible cans (like sennheiser momentum)?
- can you tell me please what is the maximum power draw of the GO IEM? Is it per chance 100mW as the name implies? I ask this because is important in a mobile perspective, used with OTG cable on smartphone, where che maximum current suppliable is 200mW.

Thank you in advance for your patience answering me,
Wakka992

Here are the best answers I can give as an owner of the GO100 IEM:

No, both output jacks are not .47 Ohm, one is, and the other is 47 Ohm for use with higher impedance 'phones.

What they output as maximum power depends on the impedance they are driving.

Yes both jacks can be used simultaneously, however the 100mW total output power is split/shared in that scenario.

No the 100 IEM does not get as hot as the 450 or 1000, the 1000 gets the hottest being the highest powered, with the 450 and 100 progressively less hot, though still plenty warm due to running in Class A. How exactly warm is also a function of how loud you are listening, and the impedance you are driving. 

Yes the 100 is suitable for other efficient 'phones, it has no problem with the Sennheiser HD558/598 for instance through the 47 Ohm tap. Your mileage may vary depending on what loudness levels you demand.

I don't know what the maximum power draw is, but the 100 does work without the need of a y-split USB cable/external battery, with both the Motorola Nexus 6, and LG G2 for instance.

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,623 of 1,658
Thanks Mikey, considering all your info I'll wait for geek out V2+ to be avayable in Europe.

Hi guys, after all I ended buying geek out IEM.
Works wonderfully with foobar, I just set volume to max on geekout suite and then adjust volume from foobar player.
Anyone can guess why I can't get it working at all with android? I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and AQ dragonfly has always worked like a charm. Quite disappointed here, as I'd have used the geek primarily on the move with android otg.
Already written a mail to the developer of Usb Audio Player Pro and LH labs on the matter...
Thank you for your time

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #1,624 of 1,658
  Hi guys, after all I ended buying geek out IEM.
Works wonderfully with foobar, I just set volume to max on geekout suite and then adjust volume from foobar player.
Anyone can guess why I can't get it working at all with android? I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and AQ dragonfly has always worked like a charm. Quite disappointed here, as I'd have used the geek primarily on the move with android otg.
Already written a mail to the developer of Usb Audio Player Pro and LH labs on the matter...
Thank you for your time

You might want to float that discussion on the Android thread, it can get complicated in terms of specific device and version of Android as far as what works and what doesn't.

I had no trouble using the GO100 IEM with a Nexus 6, the testing was some time ago so I no longer remember which version of Android was in use, probably Kit Kat 4.4.

It worked up to 16/48 with the stock music player, and 24/192 with either Hiby or UAPP (no DSD testing was done).

The same was true some months earlier, no issues with an LG G2 running 4.3, with either the stock music player or UAPP (that device was not tested with Hiby).

Neither the Nexus 6 nor the G2 needed a y-split cable and external battery, both powered the GO100 IEM using only a cheap StarTech OTG cable.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #1,625 of 1,658
@MikeyFresh
this morning I sent the debug log from UAPP to the developer costumer service and I just received an email from UAPP:

"Thanks for the log. The DAC is recognized, but when the driver tries to use it, it reports a 'Connection timed out' error. If I recall correctly, this also happens on our Geek Out DAC (a different model) and have no idea if we can and how to solve it. You could still try with a powered USB hub in between if you have one, but the Geek Out's for some reason do not seem to be all that compatible with Android.

Kind regards"

So it's official that even the low power Geek Out doesn't always work on android otg, where instead rival dac such as dragonfly work like a charm.
I guess it's GeekOut V2+ or Chord Mojo for me then: I just didn't want an excuse to buy those one!

My wallet is gonna be lighter soon enough... 
Thanks for your help!

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #1,627 of 1,658
I find the Android connection finicky, never could get otg to work with my HTC One.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #1,628 of 1,658
My Geek out usb connection got finicky. Not working properly. Has to be skewed at a particular angle to get it work. Wondering somehow the usb got bent and damaged some internal connection. Has anyone tried opening Geek out? Is this loose contact easy to fix?

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #1,629 of 1,658
So here I am again, looking for help. Periodically, JRiver, which I use with my Geek Out Special Edition, crashes, and I can't get it to play music. I looked at the settings, can't find anything amiss (except that the only option for LH Labs is asio), but I get An error message whenever I try to play music. Happens when I try to play a track that is corrupted or bad. Any ideas?

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,630 of 1,658
Same thing happens to me when my unit gets moved a little when plugged (by pulling the headphone cable for instance).
My GO is plugged directly into my monitor USB port, and gets disconnected with the same error messages popping up when trying to play a file in Foobar or Musicbee. The solution is simple, it just takes to reseat the unit right and switch off - on the monitor. Works for me, it might be more of a hassle if your unit is plugged into your PC though.

Jan 24, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #1,631 of 1,658
Happens that way for me as well, usually closing and reopening JRiver does the trick, if Nero need to reboot the computer. This time that didn't work either, reinstalled the GO firmware, now all get is white noise. :frowning2:

Jan 24, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #1,632 of 1,658
So, I had to uninstall and reinstall PonoPlayer (JRiver), fixed the problem, but what a pain!

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,633 of 1,658
I hear you, the USB connection is a bit too sensitive it seems. Guess one has to learn to live with it.
After trying as you did re-installing drivers, closing - opening programs etc..., turning off then back on the monitor GO is connected to always fixes the issue. So this issue is surely AC (DC?) related, a tiny blimp in the current received by the unit must put it in sort of safe mode or something. Maybe someone more tech inclined willl chime in...

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #1,634 of 1,658
I solved the problem of crashing when I change headphones or pull slightly by using an external amp, the GO just functions as a dac (I happen to really like the amps I have available). Still have it happen (but only occasionally) when it doesn't like a particular file, or sometimes if I change songs in the middle of the track. This past time nothing for it working except uninstalling/reinstalling JRiver. Such an annoying pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back