LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jul 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #1,848 of 2,040
Someone was kind enough a few weeks ago to post a link to the GOV2+ Infinity, so I can put it on a Dropbox or something if anyone needs it - PM me.

I was rarely using the GO before the firmware upgrade. The lack of volume control had become a huge pet peeve. This firmware greatly improves the usability. I'd never buy from LH Labs again because of the atrocious customer service (I never received a cable from the Indiegogo campaign but they claim that it was sent...... I think they have the shipping dates confused with the EL8s that a guy in Dubai received months before mine ever came..... rant over), but I have to admit that the GO is a nice little unit.

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,849 of 2,040
Yea I checked over at another board, and I've heard the 2.1 offers Hardware volume controls! But removes the Software implementation?

So I'm getting a GOv2+ that is apparently 8 months old... what Firmware will it have, also what are the differences in each Firmware? I would LIKE to have hard ware volume control, and I've heard that v2.1 gives you hard ware volume control, but strips the software controls for mobile

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,850 of 2,040
Yea I checked over at another board, and I've heard the 2.1 offers Hardware volume controls! But removes the Software implementation?

So I'm getting a GOv2+ that is apparently 8 months old... what Firmware will it have, also what are the differences in each Firmware? I would LIKE to have hard ware volume control, and I've heard that v2.1 gives you hard ware volume control, but strips the software controls for mobile
True.

you can flash whatever fw you want. 1.5, 2.0, 2.1. But 2.1 is no worse than 2.0 in every way, so you might as well choose between 1.5 and 2.1.

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #1,851 of 2,040
I've got the Geek Out finally, but I haven't flashed it yet. The 2.1 removes the GAIN options!!! Which is mind blowing... if I'm using it with my Cell it's perfect to have the Gain mounted to the physical device, if I run it out of my Laptop... it's not as useful as I have to mash the volume up button a LOT to get it loud enough to listen... as it seems the gain but equally annoying is adjusting my volume through windows... I guess I ought to just bite the bullet and do the 2.1 firmware swap so I have a uniform though time consuming method of adjusting the volume

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,852 of 2,040
I've got the Geek Out finally, but I haven't flashed it yet. The 2.1 removes the GAIN options!!! Which is mind blowing... if I'm using it with my Cell it's perfect to have the Gain mounted to the physical device, if I run it out of my Laptop... it's not as useful as I have to mash the volume up button a LOT to get it loud enough to listen... as it seems the gain but equally annoying is adjusting my volume through windows... I guess I ought to just bite the bullet and do the 2.1 firmware swap so I have a uniform though time consuming method of adjusting the volume

I'm still undecided as to which I like more.

Ideally, there should be a switch for GAIN, either auto or manual, and physical volume control.

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,853 of 2,040
I'm still undecided as to which I like more.

Ideally, there should be a switch for GAIN, either auto or manual, and physical volume control.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yea, that would be perfect. I may just bite the bullet and use the Volume to adjust the gain...

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,854 of 2,040
Turns out I had Firmware 1.0!!!! Yikes, I don't have any link to 1.5 so I just bit the bullet and settled for 2.1

I'm not using IEMS so I guess I'm just going to have to mash that volume button a lot till it get's up to high gain, which is a shame frankly as did they design that button to handle that kind of load? Hopefully

My balanced cable still isn't in how ever, though I'm only going to be able to run my Nhoord Red V1 balanced out, which is a shame as my ES10 is technically better... I won't be able to get a real feel for how the Geek out v2+ imaged until I get it balanced If I decide to at all honestly

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #1,855 of 2,040
Turns out I had Firmware 1.0!!!! Yikes, I don't have any link to 1.5 so I just bit the bullet and settled for 2.1

I'm not using IEMS so I guess I'm just going to have to mash that volume button a lot till it get's up to high gain, which is a shame frankly as did they design that button to handle that kind of load? Hopefully

My balanced cable still isn't in how ever, though I'm only going to be able to run my Nhoord Red V1 balanced out, which is a shame as my ES10 is technically better... I won't be able to get a real feel for how the Geek out v2+ imaged until I get it balanced If I decide to at all honestly
What model? I'm sure someone posted the firmware link in this thread.

Can you hold down the volume button?

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #1,856 of 2,040
It's working again,

Update does sound nicer, filters are actually... discernible, enjoying the Green!

Super excited to get my balanced cable for my Nhoord Red V1! An start listening to the balanced output

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #1,858 of 2,040
If I'm understanding it right, even after 2.1 upgrade, the device doesn't support charging the device while using it?

That would be very disappointing, as I find myself using it more with pcs for a long time.
My GO2Pro does.....surprised the V2+ doesn't.

In fact my 2Pro is charging and providing tunes as I type this.

Jul 22, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #1,859 of 2,040
If I'm understanding it right, even after 2.1 upgrade, the device doesn't support charging the device while using it?

That would be very disappointing, as I find myself using it more with pcs for a long time.

It charges, but the device draws more than charging. Battery just depletes very slowly. You'll eventually run empty.

Assuming the device runs for 8 hours straight, that's not even 400mah per hour in average.

I really wish that they would allow at least 500mah/hour charge.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,860 of 2,040
It charges, but the device draws more than charging. Battery just depletes very slowly. You'll eventually run empty.

Assuming the device runs for 8 hours straight, that's not even 400mah per hour in average.

I really wish that they would allow at least 500mah/hour charge.

I guess that explains why on low battery, I wasn't able to use the device, until it was charged a bit. Thanks. Here's hoping, the ability for 500 ma/hour charge, gets added in the next firmware update!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back