LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #512 of 2,040
So when is the version with the improve chassis expected to come out?

November I think is current estimate. Naturally it would be foolhardy, possibly injurious to health, to hold your breath on any estimate given the history.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #514 of 2,040
Haha, true, best to hope really.

Anyone here have comparisons with it and the oppo ha-2?

Several, HA-2 basically destroys it in everything. Except sound quality. And ability to drive more demanding headphones. For those last two the GOV2 wins by a big margin.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #516 of 2,040
Certainly! Unfortunately I don't have anything within the ballpark of the HE560, sensitivity wise (my HE6 being incredibly insensitive in comparison and most of my others being a fair bit or a lot more sensitive), but SQ wise should be interesting. Not sure if schedule will allow, but would love to do a volume matched blind test with a few others).

As long as you find time to cycle in your McIntosh MHP1000s and the Ether Cs when you get them, I'll let it slide.

I really wish I could get in a listen of those MHP1000s and Pioneer's new SE Master-1s. Those really seem like fringe headphones and I wonder what they've got to bring to the table that the new/regular niche, megabuck headphone makers don't. I mean, Sony popped out the R10s(ages ago), so I can imagine how a company like McIntosh or Pioneer (coming from similar pedigree as Sony) could muscle up something like that. Something that the other niche makers couldn't.

I'm certainly letting my imagination run, though.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #517 of 2,040
Definitely need to find more time to give the McIntosh too! I need another holiday now to just listen to music all day via various bits of gear.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #518 of 2,040
Have any units shipped yet or any updates?
(yes, i'm nagging and i hate it when others fill threads with nagging...........oh well)

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #519 of 2,040
i just noticed that the V2+ manual says you need to use a LH OTG cable to connect to an adroid device, but i don't see one available from them and also don't see why an ordinary otg cable doesn't suffice.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #520 of 2,040
  i just noticed that the V2+ manual says you need to use a LH OTG cable to connect to an adroid device, but i don't see one available from them and also don't see why an ordinary otg cable doesn't suffice.

Doesn't have to be an LH OTG. Other ones work as well. Cheers 

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #521 of 2,040
I've used a $2 OTG cable with the V2 and the Note 4 and Huawei P8max, no problems.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #523 of 2,040
NZtech, still looking forward to your comparison once you get your mojo :)

I have the Mojo! Sadly I also have a cold and major eustachian tube dysfunction, which is messing with enjoyment and hearing. Definitely coming up soon though.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #525 of 2,040
I've used a $2 OTG cable with the V2 and the Note 4 and Huawei P8max, no problems.

Does this mean that you're using a micro c to micro c cable, or just an otg with the regular usb a to micro c cable from the V2+?

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back