LG V60 ThinQ smartphone
Feb 26, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 482
Does the Snapdragon 865 natively support 5g or is it using an extra module to handle it? If so, I'll probably wait another SoC generation before updating my phone.

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 482
Why it gotta be so big?

Feb 26, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 482
I suppose is better for watching movies compared to 6.4 inch.

Well, so is 10 inches, but you gotta think about the ergonomics being a handset.

I was all for bigger screens back in the day. Only until recently, when I got the Oneplus 7T Pro, I've started to say enough. It's just too large now.

Mar 27, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #7 of 482
Anyone pick one of these up yet? T Mobile has a BOGO offer but on the fence right now. I am using a S9 and really like the form factor so the size of the V60 has me rethinking this phone (also combined with lack of cases right now and I have no idea how well 5G really works).

Would there be any benefit to using the quad DAC for easy to drive IEMs? For wired listening, I mostly use the Shure SE846 and have a Dragonfly Cobalt but like the idea of leaving the external DAC at home if I would not be sacrificing much. I'm assuming this has aptX HD which would be nice as well (the lack of which is why I am no longer looking at Samsung phones).

Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Mar 31, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 482
I just recieved an update of uapp enabling Hi-Res for v60, and saying it does not decode mqa and dsd anymore. Seems It has the quad dac, but it's not tuned by Meridian and it does not handle mqa.

Anyone has info about? Can't believe it.
Will uapp decode mqa as usual?

I considered the v60 as replacement of my beloved v30, when it's half the price at the time v70 comes out lol. But this is almost a dealbreaker for me.

Attachments

• 20200331_182938.jpg
    20200331_182938.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #10 of 482
I just recieved an update of uapp enabling Hi-Res for v60, and saying it does not decode mqa and dsd anymore. Seems It has the quad dac, but it's not tuned by Meridian and it does not handle mqa.

Maybe they didn't pay for the licence anymore? Can you tell what's the real battery life, since is 1000 mHa bigger then in the V50.

Mar 31, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 482
V30 has 3300 mah. 18 months old unit battery lasts around 4 hours of screen and 16 h in standby without too many problems. Sometimes handles 2 days of use. I'm a light user.

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #12 of 482
Deal breaker for me when Davy of UAPP says V60 does not support DSD (nor MQA) anymore. My option now is Sony's upcoming Xperia 5G phone.

May 1, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #13 of 482

I considered the v60 as replacement of my beloved v30, when it's half the price at the time v70 comes out lol. But this is almost a dealbreaker for me.

I don't mind if it has no MQA. Can you tell if LG fixed the Android OS resampling issues? I'm using LG G8 which sounds the best for Tidal if I use UAPP. Can you tell if Tidal sounds the same through the native app compared to UAPP?

May 4, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #14 of 482
Guess I should have done my research a bit first before upgrading. I don't really care about DSD or MQA, but I have felt that the V60 DAC is tuned differently (previously I owned the LG G7 and LG G8). I have not found it as enjoyable as my G8....thought I was just experiencing audiophile nervosa, now wondering if that is not the case. Would love for someone more technically proficient and knowledgeable to do a deep dive on how V60 DAC compares to previous offerings. Sounds like features have been removed which is concerning to say the least.

May 4, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #15 of 482
Guess I should have done my research a bit first before upgrading. I don't really care about DSD or MQA, but I have felt that the V60 DAC is tuned differently (previously I owned the LG G7 and LG G8). I have not found it as enjoyable as my G8....thought I was just experiencing audiophile nervosa, now wondering if that is not the case. Would love for someone more technically proficient and knowledgeable to do a deep dive on how V60 DAC compares to previous offerings. Sounds like features have been removed which is concerning to say the least.

LG tuned it for the first time, no? Probably to save money? Maybe they don't know what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back